Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Kristian Ravnevand 94 posts 214 karma points
    Mar 04, 2010 @ 16:14
    Kristian Ravnevand

My top 6 wish list for Contour :-)

1. Import tool for CSV files
    2. Possibility to edit inserted items from backend
    3. Automatic field displaying the member or user posted each record (anonymous if none)
    4. Direct link to uploaded files in backend when using the "File upload" fieldtype, not just the path (eg /umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour/files...)
    5. Possibilyty to select default view when opening the Entries table (eg change standard view to "Submitted" not "Approved", and items from last "Month" not "24 hours")
    6. Possibility to add a macro to a page for editing given record in a Contour form

Maybe some of this wishes are possible allready, but haven't figured out if so.

• Dan Evans 629 posts 1016 karma points
    Mar 04, 2010 @ 17:11
    Dan Evans

Can I add to number 4 that files should be given unique names.

• Comment author was deleted

Mar 09, 2010 @ 10:46

@Dan, you'll be happy to hear that the unique name problem will be solved in this weeks maintenance release

• Harald Ulriksen 207 posts 249 karma points
    Mar 10, 2010 @ 02:44
    Harald Ulriksen

I put a vote up for number 2 and 6.

Also, if it could be possible to add custom actions on a record in the backend it would make me really really happy. All I need is the possibility to define an image and url, and when the user click the image/link send the user to the specified url with the record id in the query string. Context menu might be an option.

@Kristian - I have import for csv made already if you'd like some sample code.

• Robert J. Bullock 386 posts 405 karma points
    Mar 10, 2010 @ 18:32
    Robert J. Bullock

I would like the following features:

1. Ability to define which fields are listed in the "grid view" for results. 
    2. Popup window to view entry details (1 & 2: it's a little tough viewing results grid for all but the simplest forms).
    3. Hidden fields that can grab parameters from querystring or post.
    4. Auto create form from Document Type and vice versa (create Document Type from form).
    Also, I find the event model / API a little confusing. Need more/better documentation there.

• Robert J. Bullock 386 posts 405 karma points
    Mar 10, 2010 @ 18:36
    Robert J. Bullock

Oh yeah, and "branching logic" so that if you answered such and such a value at step X, you branch to step Z. Is that too much to ask?! ;-)

• Kristian Ravnevand 94 posts 214 karma points
    Mar 15, 2010 @ 15:58
    Kristian Ravnevand

Harald; have you created a package or something for csv import? Saw your message on twitter about that :-)

• Harald Ulriksen 207 posts 249 karma points
    Mar 26, 2010 @ 16:09
    Harald Ulriksen

The package it's coming. I'm adding validations on import creating a new file with failed records. Need this for a customer, probably done after easter.

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Jun 02, 2010 @ 16:25
    dandrayne

Hi All

Is there any news on

1. Direct link to uploaded files in backend when using the "File upload" fieldtype, not just the path (eg /umbraco/plugins/umbracoContour/files...)

Cheers,
    Dan

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5045 posts 15476 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jun 29, 2010 @ 13:40
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Here's my top 3:
    1. My number one request is an ability to export and import forms, deployment is really painful now (having to completely recreate a form from scratch in my staging / production environment).
    2. The ability to sort items that I put in dropdown lists.
    3. E-mails by default use the "from" address in the umbracoSettings.config, I really want to be able to different addresses for different forms. Also, I would like to be able to have both a from name and a from address (My Name <[email protected]>).

• Daniel Noah 3 posts 71 karma points
    Jun 30, 2010 @ 10:20
    Daniel Noah

+1 on placing the form macro in 'edit' mode

• Ismail Mayat 4511 posts 10090 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Jul 14, 2010 @ 10:42
    Ismail Mayat

Guys,

One thing i would like to see is ajax based file upload with progress bar and with ability to set upload size, so that before upload if file size is exceeded you get warning and not allowed to upload.

Regards

Ismial

• keilo 568 posts 1023 karma points
    Nov 08, 2014 @ 12:06
    keilo

Hi Harald

Do you still have the Contour Import script by any chance? Im looking to import Contour entries from an old installation to a new one, and hoping your script can be a starting point.

pls let me know.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft