Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeff Grine 149 posts 189 karma points
    Mar 04, 2010 @ 20:54
    Jeff Grine

Contour Entries Missing

Hi.

Just purchased a license for Contour after running in trial mode for a while. When I submit the form everything seems to be written to the database, but nothing shows up in the entries under the form. After 3 submissions, I'm seeing "Showing 1 to 0 of 3 entries" and "No matching records found."

When I hit the entries page, 3 records are written to umbracoLog. The first two have queries that I can use to successfully pull the records.

Anyone have an idea why these records aren't found by the UI?

Thanks,
    Jeff

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    Mar 04, 2010 @ 21:53
    jaygreasley

first thought is what the status of those three records is?

Mar 04, 2010 @ 22:24
    Jeff Grine

They're all approved.

It's working now on new forms, but not the ones created before it was licensed (thought I had tested that case). Could it be part of the trial terms that forms created with the trial version still don't display results after licensing?

At any rate, at least I've got a working form now to compare to the others. Hopefully I'll find some differences in the database.

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    Mar 04, 2010 @ 22:44
    jaygreasley

ahh, the trial version does not save anything to the database...

Mar 04, 2010 @ 23:02
    Jeff Grine

Ok, I think I got it. Looks like Contour uses the caption as the tag name for each field when it writes the results to UFrecordsXml. I'm using it for a quiz with multiple choice answers, so each caption starts with a number. This creates invalid xml:

<2 record="10554048-f714-4cb6-913c-c6a6cabdf229" sortorder="1" pageindex="0" fieldsetindex="0"><key>...

Seems like some validation is missing on the form creation form. Guess most people aren't using numbers in the first position of their captions, but it was a fairly natural choice for an online quiz.

Anyone have a simple option for numbering these items outside of the form builder? I believe I saw a suggestion to edit the user control that renders the form in an earlier post? Is that my best option?

• dandrayne 1138 posts 2262 karma points
    Mar 10, 2010 @ 17:39
    dandrayne

Hi Folks

I just ran into this issue as well, with a long form with numbered questions (including some e.g. "If your answer to question 5.1 was....").

Is a fix planned for this?

Cheers,
    Dan

• Comment author was deleted

Mar 10, 2010 @ 18:40

Hi Dan,

Yes I've allready fixed this and it will be part of the next maintenance release.

Mar 11, 2010 @ 12:37
    dandrayne

Cheers Tim!  +1

Mar 16, 2010 @ 16:23
    dandrayne

Hi Tim

For the forms that we were affected by, after changing the field names entries are now stored in the backend ok but exports are completely blank (all formats)

any ideas?

Dan

Mar 16, 2010 @ 16:29
    dandrayne

After following the advice on http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/7393-cannot-export-records-V2 all is exporting again

• Mukesh 15 posts 35 karma points
    Sep 11, 2012 @ 13:18
    Mukesh

I am new in umbraco but able to create a form with good look and fill with customise css.  

Now problem with me is

1.  Not able to view the entries for submitted form. It only shows "Processing..."...   

2.  Not receiving any mail, I already configured this in Workflows section of Form.  Even i have set the SMTP E-mail setting in IIS Manager with port no, sender mail, SMTP Server details.

Please help me on this as soon as possible.

You can mail this suggestion on [email protected] also.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft