Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sander Houttekier 114 posts 163 karma points
    Mar 22, 2010 @ 12:11
    Sander Houttekier

Adding a reward (download) to filling the form

Hi,

i'm looking into a question from a customer, and am thinking about the options, we have a contour license for the site, but are thinking if it is even possible to do what the customer asks in contour.

the site hosts certain events, and after an event is passed, all attendees are asked to fill in a form (evaluation form) for the event
    i'm sure that such a form is easy to make with contour, but the complications come next:

after people filled in this evaluation form they get certain file downloads (these may vary from event to event, 1 can be a ppt with the slides of a seminar, or a list of photo's of an event.

i'm not sure if they would need to create a new form per event, i'd rather have a solution where they add files in the media
    then link them trough a multi media picker to an event, and create 1 form in contour that then presents the person that filled the form with a list of those files to download,

what i would like to know is if this is possible with contour
    i will also have to look at making some sort of security that people can't access the files without filling the form (but that is of minor importance)

• Comment author was deleted

Mar 22, 2010 @ 12:30

Hey Sander,

Sure that sounds possible, a custom workflow seems to be what you need.

An easy one could be that the page where you have the form has an alternative template where it lists out the downloads and on submit of the form you simply redirect to the same page with with a different template applied. The media selection can then be done in the content area (on your event).

Check out the Umbraco Contour Shared Source project that contains all the defaul Contour components (including workflows) http://our.umbraco.org/projects/umbraco-contour-shared-source

• Sander Houttekier 114 posts 163 karma points
    Mar 22, 2010 @ 12:51
    Sander Houttekier

that sounds possible indeed,

are there options to check on the alt template if the person came from the form?

meaning that people cannot share the link to someone that didn't fill in the form.

maybe setting some session variable in that custom workflow, then i can check for the existance of that variable on the alt template... i'm going to take a deeper look into those custom workflows today.

thanks for the guidance

• Comment author was deleted

Mar 22, 2010 @ 13:19

Actually, I doubt that you will be able to redirect directly from inside the workflow code.

But the form also has an option to redirect to a page after it has been submitted, so combination of workflow and some code on the redirect page should be sufficient

• Tom 713 posts 954 karma points
    Mar 23, 2010 @ 04:42
    Tom

With the contour shared source where in the actual umbraco install of contour are these files located? or is it more that we can use these classes as a basis to extend contour.. and if so how do we go about adding our own types??

• Tom 713 posts 954 karma points
    Mar 23, 2010 @ 06:38
    Tom

is the media picker available for use.. i really wanted to use a media picker to add an attachment to an email

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft