Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew 32 posts 52 karma points
    Mar 24, 2010 @ 17:53
    Andrew

Automatically fill in form from previous information

I have a problem that I could use some advice on how to solve.

I set up a site where people were applying to be accepted into a summer program that we are hosting at our school.  I used contour for the form and people submitted their information/resume.  Now, I want to either accept or reject the applications. 

My first question is, is there a way to do something other than "delete" those that we want to decline?  Can I add an invisible field that can have values of "accept" or "reject" which I can change? 

For those that we accept, I would like to send them an email with a link to an additional form where they can fill in some additional information.  I know how to send the email with the workflow.  The problem is that I need to have some of the information that they filled out on the original form (name, etc..) on this second form so that I have all of the accepted applicants information stored in one place.  I would like to make it where they don't have to fill it out all of the information again, but want those fields to be there in case any of their contact information has changed.  Is it possible for me to automatically fill in the information on a contour form with information entered on the other contour form during the page load event? 

Thanks for any help.

• Harald Ulriksen 207 posts 249 karma points
    Mar 24, 2010 @ 20:32
    Harald Ulriksen

Andrew,

for adding a custom status you can either write your own fieldtype or use a checkbox field and hide it using css. The first option is probably the best, but requires a little coding. You can then write your own little usercontrol to change the state of an application.

One the second question I guess you might handle this using an open form workflow. But as I have not tested the open form workflow yet myself, it might be that you will have to use a custom fieldtype which can read default data from the previous form. Should be fairly easy with the source released.

Harald.

• Andrew 32 posts 52 karma points
    Mar 25, 2010 @ 21:40
    Andrew

Thanks for your help, Harald.  For the first part, I can figure out how to make the fieldtype, but I can't figure out how to change the value of the field in my usercontrol.  Do you know how to change the values? 

Thanks,

Andrew

• Harald Ulriksen 207 posts 249 karma points
    Mar 26, 2010 @ 08:35
    Harald Ulriksen

Check the last post in this thread http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/contour/7163-Change-status-of-a-form-submission

Instead of setting record state you can set the value of your own field.

If you wish do display a list of records in your usercontrol you can use an asp:repeater control, databind it to the Umbraco.Forms.Library.GetRecordsFromForm or Umbraco.Forms.Library.GetRecordsFromFormOnPage.

Hth,
    Harald.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft