Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nick Collings 6 posts 26 karma points
    Mar 24, 2010 @ 19:43
    Nick Collings

Contour not displaying correctly

I am inserting my form using the macro button in the TinyMCE editor and it looks fine when I do a save a publish. When I come to view the page the form is destroying the layout by swallowing all the content after it. I've seen this kind of behaviour before when divs aren't being close in xslt but I don't know how to fix it in this case. Has anyone seen this before and if so how to fix it?

If it helps the steps I have taken are to install Contour (of course!) and created a new form with the built in "Blog Comment form" template. I have then added this form via the Contour macro function in TinyMCE and saved and published. Viewing the page shows a mess with the footer and sidebar elements enclosed within the Contour div.

This is all thats output, surely thats wrong?

<div id='contour' class='commentingtester commentingtester'>
    <h4 class='contourPageName'>Commenting Tester</h4>
     <fieldset class='contourFieldSet commentingtester'>
         <legend>Commenting Tester</legend>
         <div class='contourField text name  mandatory'>
             <!-- Our label -->
             <label for="ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolderDefault_MainColumn_ctl01_RenderForm_5_rpFieldsets_ctl00_rpFields_ctl00_6bdddf88-3a51-45e5-9b11-cd1ba39213dd" id="ctl00_ctl00_ctl00_ContentPlaceHolderDefault_MainColumn_ctl01_RenderForm_5_rpFieldsets_ctl00_rpFields_ctl00_label" class="fieldLabel">Name</label>
               <div>
                   <!-- The data entry control -->
                   </p>
               </div>
               <!-- Leave empty in case of article -->
           </div> 

Whats going on?

Umbraco 4.0.3, ASP.NET 3.5, Windows XP SP3, IIS 5.1

• Comment author was deleted

Mar 25, 2010 @ 14:38

Hi Nick, and what happens if you insert the macro on a template instead ?

• Douglas Robar 3570 posts 4711 karma points MVP ∞ admin c-trib
    Apr 03, 2010 @ 15:36
    Douglas Robar

I had this problem myself and it was caused by not having a <form runat="server"> tag around the bodyText field... so the Contour form wouldn't render properly.

Once I added the <form runat="server"> tag in my master template all worked properly.

cheers,
    doug.

Apr 07, 2010 @ 12:48
    Nick Collings

Hi Tim and Doug,

Thanks for the responses.

Tim: I hadn't got round to trying it directly from the template by this point but I did ultimately want to have the form loading from a template so probably should have tried.

Doug: I did have a <form runat="server"> on my master template file just inside the body tag so I'd have hoped that covered it.

Having said all that, it is now all working. I did a manual install of the package rather than using the automated install via the "Umbraco package Repository" and that seemed to fix it. Don't know why that would have helped, unless I did something wrong during the first install, but i'm glad its all working now.

Thanks for your help guys. If anyone else is getting similar problems and are lost for ideas like me then it may be worth trying a fresh manual install of the Contour package.

• Comment author was deleted

Apr 07, 2010 @ 12:54

Hi Nick,

May I ask what version you installed ? Since the latest version should notify if the Contour form isn't inside a <form runat="server">

Apr 07, 2010 @ 13:44
    Nick Collings

Hey Tim,

I've got 1.0.7 from the manual install. The problematic install will have been the latest version that was available on 24th March. If you released 1.0.7 after 24 March then I might have had 1.0.6.

I didnt get any warning messages upon saving but I think I did have the <form runat="server"> tag so maybe that's to be expected? Sorry, I realise that's not really helping any diagnosis of the original problem.

I really shouldnt waste any more of your time on this since 1.0.7 is working beautifully. Thanks for your help and a great forms package Tim :)

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Apr 15, 2010 @ 14:08
    Rich Green

I just had this problem too so glad I found this post.

Can someone let me know how to check the Contour version? I didn't get the warning about no Runat=server, it just fell over as described above.

When I look at packages - Contour it says there are no upgrades available.

Many thanks

Rich

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft