Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Erik Ernst 70 posts 90 karma points
    Mar 31, 2010 @ 22:33
    Erik Ernst

Displaying external data sources

On the Contour product page it says:

For example, it only takes a few clicks to drag a table from another database and take it online.

I've now been through most of this forum, the documetnation and Google, without finding the answer to how to do this.

Can anyone help me in the right direction?

Rgds,
    Erik

• Comment author was deleted

Apr 01, 2010 @ 12:23

Hi Erik,

That would be by creating a new datasource, linking that to a table and generating a form based on that.

Check the "See how easy it is to go from SQl Server to online form" video on product page:

That shows the different steps

http://umbraco.org/products/umbraco-contour

Apr 02, 2010 @ 09:58
    Erik Ernst

Hi Tim,

I've seen that video several times. It's quite ok, but it's not really about "a few clicks to drag a table from another database and take it online". That video is in my opinion about taking online data and storing the data in another database. Not the other way around.

What I want to do is to take the data from my data source and display it to my members and letting them update it.

Erik

• Comment author was deleted

Apr 02, 2010 @ 12:23

Hi Erik, currently Contour only allows to input data (not edit existing data). So creating a form that's based and submits to an existing datasource.

Apr 02, 2010 @ 13:13
    Erik Ernst

Hey again,

That's not so good! It was not exactly what I thougth contour was, when I was reading about it. :(

But you say "currently" - this means that there is a plan to do this?

If yes, then when do you think it will be available?

Erik

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft