Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Terje 9 posts 29 karma points
    May 07, 2010 @ 01:37
    Terje

Problems installing Contour manually

Because of problems with installing packages in my current umbraco installation I tried manuaI install og Countour.

I unpacked the files from the zip-file, but all the files where places in root directory with the long names.. I.e : f186b1e0-7b5a-42fa-90e0-efab467ed881.gif

I renamed all files to orgName and placed them in orgPath described in package.xml
    Also crated a usercontrol :
    <name>Insert form from Umbraco Contour</name>
      <alias>umbracoContour.RenderForm</alias>
      <scriptType>/usercontrols/umbracoContour/RenderForm.ascx</scriptType>

Am I unpacking the files the wrong way?

It says in the manual installation guide that there should be a Install_schema.sql
    It is not in the zipfile..

Where do I find it?

What else do I have to do?

Are there any other ways to start the installprocess without doing it all manually when the package repository is not working?

I'm in a middle of an installation and don't know what to do to fix it. Please help :)

Many thanks in advance.

Terje

• Harald Ulriksen 207 posts 249 karma points
    May 07, 2010 @ 06:15
    Harald Ulriksen

Hi Terje,

I got sql scripts and more in a file called Contour Manual Installation.zip. This file contains a proper folder/file layout and the install_schema.sql.

If you still cannot find the install_schema.sql - give me a call.

Remember that you have to do a lot of other manual stuff like updating ui.xml etc. See http://umbraco.org/pro-downloads/Contour-Install-Guide.pdf

Cheers,

Harald

May 07, 2010 @ 06:41
    Harald Ulriksen

Forgot to mention that you can also download a zip with proper file structure from http://nightly.umbraco.org/Umbraco%20Contour/1.0.9.1/hotfix.zip

h.

• Jeff Kwong 31 posts 51 karma points
    Jul 28, 2010 @ 17:13
    Jeff Kwong

I went through the manual installation and get an error on the Contact Logs and Email a Friend Logs tabs.  I see that the dashboard.config file lists:

<tab caption="Contact Logs">
          <control>/usercontrols/dashboards/ContactForm_logs.ascx</control>
        </tab>
        <tab caption="Email a Friend Logs">
          <control>/usercontrols/dashboards/EmailAFriendForm_logs.ascx</control>
        </tab>

But the manual installation file contains no files ContactForm_logs.ascx or EmailAFriendForm_logs.ascx. Is there a solution to this problem?

Jul 29, 2010 @ 10:07
    Harald Ulriksen

Jeff, these files are not related to Contour. It's a part of the Creative Web Starter package.

You can fetch them from codeplex or http://our.umbraco.org/projects/starter-kits/creative-website-starter-(cws)

hth,
    Harald

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft