Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Stuart Radley 16 posts 36 karma points
    May 12, 2010 @ 10:12
    Stuart Radley

Contour forms won't appear on published pages

Hi

I'm new to Umbraco (v4.0.3) and have downloaded the Contour package via the package repository (installed correctly). The forms are created in the normal way, and then inserted into a rich text editor via the macro button on a page and then published. The editor shows the form being rendered fine after publish, but on preview and loading the full page there is no form. It doesn't matter what form I create they won't appear. The HTML for the form fields and anything else relating to the form does not actually appear in the source code, so I can see it's not making it there. 

I've looked for help regarding this issue but can't find any, so I presume it's a simple problem I'm overlooking. If someone could help me that would be great. I need to get these forms working!

Stuart

• Comment author was deleted

May 12, 2010 @ 10:45

Hi Stuart,

And what happens if you place a Contour form on your template? Does it show up then?

May 12, 2010 @ 11:01
    Stuart Radley

No it doesn't, just a next and previous button appears after putting it in the template directly, but no other markup. The template has a form runat="server" tag surrounding it. It's just in trial mode at the moment but that shouldn't make a difference right?

May 12, 2010 @ 13:50

Hi Stuart,

Mind sharing the code on your template ?

Cheers,
    Tim

May 12, 2010 @ 15:31
    Stuart Radley

Does this help?

<%@ Master Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeBehind="Base.master.cs" Inherits="ClydeWaterFrontV2.masterpages.Base" %>

<%@ Register TagPrefix="uc1" TagName="HeaderPanel" Src="~/userControls/Header/HeaderPanel.ascx" %>

<%@ Register TagPrefix="uc2" TagName="Footerpanel" Src="~/userControls/Footer/FooterPanel.ascx" %>

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head id="Head1" runat="server">

<title>Clyde WaterFront</title>

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />

<meta name="DC.language" content="en" />

<meta name="viewport" content="width=1024" />

<link href="/css/Base.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" />

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/css/screen.css" type="text/css" />

<link href="/css/modal.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" />

<link href="/css/searchbox.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="/scripts/cssMenuHover.js"></script>

<script src="/js/jquery-1.3.2.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<!-- JS References -->

<script src="/js/lib/jquery-ui-1.7.2.custom.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/js/slider.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<script src="/js/base.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

<%= Settings.Homepage().GetSafePropertyValue("trackingCode")%>

<asp:ContentPlaceHolder id="head" runat="server"/>

</head>

<body>

<form id="form1" runat="server" autocomplete="false">

<asp:ScriptManager ID='baseScriptManager' runat="server" EnablePartialRendering="true" EnablePageMethods="true">

</asp:ScriptManager>

<uc1:HeaderPanel ID="HeaderPanel1" runat="server" />

<div id="mainWrap">

<div id="main">

<asp:ContentPlaceHolder id="body" runat="server"/>

<umbraco:Macro FormGuid="aee3b069-68d3-4d09-bf29-1ab9c3b40a45" Alias="umbracoContour.RenderForm" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>

</div>

</div>

<uc2:FooterPanel ID="FooterPanel1" runat="server" />

<%= Settings.Homepage().GetSafePropertyValue("trackingCode")%>

</form>

</body>

</html>
    May 13, 2010 @ 12:39
    Stuart Radley

Got a little bit further. Looks like there's a problem with the Umbraco Contour code as when I added the form to a richtext editor while running in debug mode I got this exception:

at System.Guid..ctor(String g)
       at Umbraco.Forms.UI.Usercontrols.RenderForm.GetCurrentService() in c:\Users\Tim Geyssens\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Umbraco\Contour\Umbraco.Forms.UI\Usercontrols\RenderForm.ascx.cs:line 381
       at Umbraco.Forms.UI.Usercontrols.RenderForm.OnInit(EventArgs e) in c:\Users\Tim Geyssens\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Umbraco\Contour\Umbraco.Forms.UI\Usercontrols\RenderForm.ascx.cs:line 249
       at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index)
       at System.Web.UI.ControlCollection.Add(Control child)
       at umbraco.presentation.macroResultWrapper.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    May 13, 2010 @ 12:43
    Stuart Radley

I'm guessing because you've hardcoded in a directory value?

May 13, 2010 @ 13:56

Hey Stuart, and does the form work in preview ? SO if you go to the form designer and hit the preview button do you see the form then?

May 13, 2010 @ 14:36
    Stuart Radley

Yes the preview from the contour form designer page works fine. Displays the form correctly. 

May 14, 2010 @ 10:18
    Stuart Radley

Isn't this the problem here?

at System.Guid..ctor(String g)
       at
    Umbraco.Forms.UI.Usercontrols.RenderForm.GetCurrentService() in c:\Users\Tim Geyssens\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Umbraco\Contour\Umbraco.Forms.UI\Usercontrols\RenderForm.ascx.cs:line 381
       at
    Umbraco.Forms.UI.Usercontrols.RenderForm.OnInit(EventArgs e) in c:\Users\Tim Geyssens\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Umbraco\Contour\Umbraco.Forms.UI\Usercontrols\RenderForm.ascx.cs:line 249

In particular this part of the line:

c:\Users\Tim Geyssens\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Umbraco\Contour\Umbraco.Forms.UI\Usercontrols\RenderForm.ascx.cs

Any thoughts? I'd like to use Contour, but looks like I'm going to have to forego a license and hard code my forms myself at this rate as the solution is too far away at the moment

• Masood Afzal 176 posts 522 karma points
    May 20, 2010 @ 00:00
    Masood Afzal

The countour form doesn't render if there is any Embedded Code Blocks (<%.....%>) in masterpage.

May 21, 2010 @ 13:42
    Stuart Radley

That sucks a lot though - this shouldn't be acceptable behaviour. Will this get fixed in a future version?

May 21, 2010 @ 13:50

Hi Stuart,

Yes the bug has been added to our bug tracker and we'll definitly look into this for the next maintenance release.

Regards,
    Tim

• Steven 9 posts 29 karma points
    May 28, 2010 @ 13:21
    Steven

Hi 

I just saw this post. I had posted the same problem earlier today, but I found a solution. When I tried to insert the contactform trough the rich text editor it didn't get rendered on the published page.

It's because <form runat="server"> </form> was missing around the macro. Couldn't get the RTE to include the <form> tag, så I had to put it in my template instead. Like this:

<form runat="server">

<umbraco:Macro FormGuid="345678-432432b34324-34324blablabla" Alias="umbracoContour.RenderForm" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>

</form>

Hope it helps :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft