Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Dunn 210 posts 401 karma points
    Jun 15, 2010 @ 17:03
    Chris Dunn

Display only Field Type in Contour

Is there a display only field type for contour, like a label or section header.  Client needs some informational text mixed in with the form fields.  Tried creating a custom field type but it won't let me hide the label or override the rendering of the entire field "<label>" included.

Any thoughts?

-Chris

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jun 16, 2010 @ 10:53
    Tim

You can use fieldsets to group elements under a header, is that what you're after? To add fieldsets to your form, just click the plus icon under the form title to add a new fieldset.

• Chris Dunn 210 posts 401 karma points
    Jun 21, 2010 @ 18:11
    Chris Dunn

Tim,

I was looking more for label only field and not really grouping of fields.  Some informational text within the form perhaps more verbose than a tooltip.  

Hadn't thought about using fieldsets but that worked like a charm :) Even for cases with 'empty' fieldsets I have still solve the 'label" only field issue.

Thanks for the suggestion.

+1

-Chris

• Greg Berlin 818 posts 634 karma points
    Sep 25, 2010 @ 12:05
    Greg Berlin

Thought i'd revisit this post instead of posting a new one... I'd love to have this option too.  

I started to create a custom FieldType of "DisplayOnlyText", but halfway through realised that Contour will be expecting it to pass a value back.  Of course i could just pass empty string back, but Contour will still add it to results set etc... is there a way to tell Contour to ignore a FieldType?  Any chance of getting this option added to Contour - it'd make it easy to extend forms with other bits of info, scripts, etc... perhaps just a property set on the FieldType that Contour looks for before adding its value to the results set.

FUrther, I dont really understand how you used fieldsets to accomplish what you're after.  ??

• Angela 7 posts 27 karma points
    Feb 24, 2011 @ 13:10
    Angela

I would love to know the answer too :) mainly because so I don't have to use the legend.  It apears too far to the right on my form and looks rubbish, but at the moment I have to stick with it.

• Ansar 181 posts 291 karma points
    Apr 20, 2011 @ 11:35
    Ansar

I am also looking for the same!

• Christopher W. Brandsdal 72 posts 133 karma points
    Feb 28, 2012 @ 10:58
    Christopher W. Brandsdal

Anyone got any idea on how to do this? I really need to input some long description inside the form.

• Ansar 181 posts 291 karma points
    Feb 28, 2012 @ 11:08
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft