Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonathan Rupp 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jul 01, 2010 @ 20:57
    Jonathan Rupp

"Umbraco Courier is running in trial mode" on *new* install of Courier 1.2

We just purchased Umbraco Pro for our installation (domain.com).  I installed the package on my local dev machine (localdev.domain.com) and our test server (test1.test.domain.com).  Then, on each, I dropped the .lic files (both the Umbraco Pro and the Contour ones listed on the page) in the bin directory, updated the configuration to point to each other (and allow the other's IP), cycled IIS on both, and tried move content from my local machine to the test server, but it still says "Umbraco Courier is running in trial mode" at the top of the screen.

Is there any diagnostics I can look into to see why it still thinks it's in trial mode (ie. is it not finding the license file, unable to parse file, file is for wrong domain, etc.)? 

Judging by the relatively few posts here, either not that many people are using the tool, or noone has any problems with it.  I'm hoping it's the latter.

Jul 01, 2010 @ 22:01
    Jonathan Rupp

I think I figured out part of it -- it looks like it's looking for a file named "UmbracoCourier.lic".  I renamed the file to that (it had a GUID in it when I downloaded it), but no luck.  It still shows it's running in trial mode.

Jul 08, 2010 @ 21:11
    Jonathan Rupp

Support gave me a new license file (UmbracoCourier.lic) and it worked.  It had the same format as the UmbracoForms.lic one (ie. AB-CD-EF...), as opposed to the one with the GUID in it (which looked like a binary flie).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft