Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Felix 46 posts 67 karma points
    Jul 30, 2010 @ 07:23
    Felix

courier & permissions

hi,

when setting permissions on a user type, for example on a "editor" user type,  there is a checkbox that says "transfer to production" ,  however even if i have that checkbox unchecked for the editor usertype when i login as an editor and right click a node i see the transfer to production in the tree. how can i stop this from happening. seems like permissions arent working for the transfer to production.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Aug 04, 2010 @ 08:56
    Per Ploug

Hi Felix

What version of umbraco and Courier are you using?

/per

• Felix 46 posts 67 karma points
    Aug 05, 2010 @ 04:03
    Felix

hi Per,

thanks for the reply

i am using version : umbraco v 4.0.4.1

courier version 1.2

Thanks.

• Tony Nguyen 3 posts 23 karma points
    Sep 03, 2010 @ 03:00
    Tony Nguyen

Hi Felix and Per,

I'm having the exact same issue with the same version of Umbraco and Courier.

• Tony Nguyen 3 posts 23 karma points
    Sep 06, 2010 @ 03:27
    Tony Nguyen

Sorry for the double post, but is there any light on this at all?

• Qube 74 posts 116 karma points
    Nov 10, 2010 @ 00:58
    Qube

This seems to be a bug. At the very least, it's an unexpected behaviour. You need to explicitly add user ids to the config file, even though (to the best of my research) that list is meant to be for allowing external connections (aka server configuration). According to the manual, client configuration is supposed to be managed completely within the UI (correct me if I'm wrong).

Anyway, open your umbraco\plugins\UmbracoCourier\Settings\courier.config file and manipulate the allowedUsers section like this:

<allowedUsers>
                <!-- to allow all servers add a user element with an asterik ("*") -->
                <user>0</user>
                <user>2</user>
                <user>3</user>
                <user>4</user>
                <user>5</user>
            </allowedUsers>

Note that an asterisk does not work to allow all users, at least not for me. I tested all sorts of settings and combinations, and the only method that worked was explicitly adding each allowed user.

Hope that helps!

• Antony Briggs 78 posts 103 karma points
    Nov 16, 2010 @ 11:01
    Antony Briggs

Even adding the allowed users to the courier.config does not remove the menu item from the tree for users without permission in my exerience.

I imagine you could easily remove it during BaseContentTree_BeforeNodeRender after checking if the user has permissions for '^'.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft