Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• timgrove 28 posts 61 karma points
    Sep 18, 2010 @ 18:29
    timgrove

Content Picker in a Macro in a Macro Container not updating

When transferring a page, Macros that contain Content Pickers (the default umbraco content picker) inside a Macro Container, the node id does not get updated to match the node id on the target site.

If I place that same Macro in the RTE, and transfer, it does update and match the target site's node id.

Is there something I have to update for Courier to look at Content Pickers inside a Macro Container?

Umbraco 4.5.2
    Courier 1.2
    .NET 4

• Andy 11 posts 31 karma points
    Jan 24, 2011 @ 13:52
    Andy

Did you make any progress with this?

• timgrove 28 posts 61 karma points
    Jan 24, 2011 @ 16:28
    timgrove

We ended up creating a work-around. There is a Courier 1.3 out, not sure if its fixed in that.

• Andy 11 posts 31 karma points
    Jan 24, 2011 @ 21:32
    Andy

Roll on courier 2.0 and hope it does everything I guess.

• Essy 74 posts 96 karma points
    Jan 25, 2011 @ 15:50
    Essy

Does anyone know how to fix this? I have used macros and macro containers fairly frequently throughout my site and the end result is that most of the links have been corrupted after transferring to the live site.

• James Drever 118 posts 149 karma points
    Feb 11, 2011 @ 10:08
    James Drever

I've got this problem too, and it effectively means I can't use Courier in its present form for migrating content from dev > staging >live.  I'm having to manually copy the file structure & db, which is unworkable beyond the very short term.

I've raised the issue through Umbraco Pro/Confidence support, I'll update this thread if I get any clarification.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft