Oct 22, 2010 @ 21:38
    Sean Mooney

Courier not finding media id's in custom datatype

I have a custom data type that is storing some XML:

<documents> 
    <document name="IFU" file="RothNet_pediatric_730608H.pdf" id="2497" /> 
    <document name="Brochure" file="760269C RothNet Brochure.pdf" id="2454" /> 
    </documents>

The "id" attribute is the media id that I am trying to get courier to recognize.

Here is my courier.config entry:

<dataType alias="Product Documents" xPath="//*/@id">F5123215-6E1C-4965-936A-FAB67C915C76</dataType>

However when I try to transfer the node that has this custom data type on it courier finishes without an error. It transfers the data (xml) over fine, however it does not list my files in the display, and the media items were not transferred to my other server.

Therefore I am assuming that it is not reading my xpath correctly but I have no way of testing.

Anyone have any ideas?

Courier 1.2, Umbraco 4.0.3

Tried upgrading to courier 1.3, however that seems to only work in Umbraco 4.5, and we are not able to upgrade to that because of 3rd party packages that do not support 4.5 yet

-Sean

• John Bamber 5 posts 25 karma points
    Mar 02, 2011 @ 12:45
    John Bamber

Hi Sean,

My apologies but I don't have an answer for your issue. However, I'm experiencing exactly the same behaviour you describe... did you manage to find a soultion or identify the problem? As you rightly say there is no way of testing this functionality and the Umbraco techies seem to ignore any questions raised in this area.

Thanks,

John 

• Sean Mooney 131 posts 158 karma points c-trib
    Mar 02, 2011 @ 14:50
    Sean Mooney

Hello John,

Unfortunately I did not find an easy solution. We ended up taking our custom datatype and breaking into two properties that use standard datatypes ie. instead of having one property with our custom datatype we created two properties based off of standard datatypes (content pickers I believe).

In the end this worked, but causes more work for the content admin.

We also tried the custom datatype on a fresh install of Umbraco 4.5 and Courier 1.3 but still the same problem.

Support from the core team was pretty bad, we were basically told that they could not replicate the problem and therefore could not help us out. (pretty crappy for a paid product)

Hope you have better luck than we did.

-Sean

• John Bamber 5 posts 25 karma points
    Mar 02, 2011 @ 15:28
    John Bamber

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your quick response.  Unfortunately this fix wouldn't work for our controls.  I will keep exploring,

Thanks,

John

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft