Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Indivirtual 5 posts 50 karma points
    Nov 07, 2010 @ 09:39
    Indivirtual

Images in Rich Tex Editor don't get Transfered and URLs Get Corrupted

Hello,

Starting a new thread as I could not find this issue anywhee in the forum.

We are using:
    Umbraco v 4.5.2 (Assembly version: 1.0.3939.27541)
    Courier: Latest version

Issue Descrition:
    We have 2 websites running on the same server. Staging and Production. When we insert images into the Rich Text Editor field and Save & Publish, we see all the image fine. Then we Transfer the document to the Production website using Courier. The document gets transfered fine, but sometimes the image do not and the image path gets corrupted with the following string added to the begining of each image path: /~/

Please help!

Thanking you in advance

Adam

• Indivirtual 5 posts 50 karma points
    Nov 10, 2010 @ 07:59
    Indivirtual

Hello,

I just saw that I am not the only one who has posted this issue. There are 2 more posts in Forums with the same problem and they are also not answered.

I am able to shed more light on this issue:

I found out that the issue occurs only when the images have been resized in Umbraco rich text editor. When they are resized and then moved to production using courier the image is a) not transfered to the production server and b) the image path is corrupted with the followinf string appended to the beginnign of the path: /~/

Please help, there are a few of us with this issue!

regards

Adam

• Allan Hawkey 232 posts 303 karma points
    Sep 12, 2011 @ 17:50
    Allan Hawkey

Hi Adam

Did you ever find an answer to this issue from the /~/ being appended to the start of the image path when an image is resized?  I'm having a similar issue now, which arises when images are uploaded via the Gecko Uploadify package, but it does not happen when I upload an individual image directly into the media section by using right click / Create / Image...

Sounds like the same problem arising as yours.

Many thanks
    Allan

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Sep 15, 2011 @ 09:55
    Per Ploug

Allan the /~/ happens, most likely because the uploadify package doesn't know how to handle that ~character, which is added to urls to make them work on a virtual directory setup. 

Also, what is not very clear here is that the issue in this thread is related to Courier 1.3, not the umbraco core or Courier 2

/Per

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft