Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Qube 74 posts 116 karma points
    Nov 10, 2010 @ 01:12
    Qube

Bug: Courier Conflicts with Content Tree Pickers

After installing Courier 1.3 and getting around the permission quirks, an error occurs for data types that use the content tree. For example, the standard Content Picker and uComponents Multi-Node Tree Picker. The stack trace looks like this:

[ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index must be within the bounds of the List.
    Parameter name: index]
       System.Collections.Generic.List`1.Insert(Int32 index, T item) +12770855
       Umbraco.Courier.BusinessLogic.Tree.ContextMenuHelper.BaseTree_NodeActionsCreated(Object sender, NodeActionsEventArgs e) +525
       umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.BaseTree.OnNodeActionsCreated(NodeActionsEventArgs e) +130
       umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.BaseTree.CreateAllowedActions(List`1& actions) +178
       umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.BaseTree.CreateAllowedActions() +68
       umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.BaseTree.Initialize() +112
       umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.BaseTree.get_RootNode() +50
       umbraco.cms.presentation.Trees.BaseTree.SetTreeParameters(ITreeService treeParams) +654
       umbraco.controls.Tree.TreeControl.Initialize() +897
       umbraco.controls.Tree.TreeControl.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +174
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +113
       System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4185

To me, it looks like the Courier menu item is trying to stick it's nose where it doesn't belong :P

For us, it's more critical right now that we can edit content propertly than transfer from staging to production (as important at that is). So for the time being I've removed all users except Admin from the allowed list but left Courier installed.

Our environment looks like this:

• Windows 2008 x64
    • .NET Framework 4
    • Umbraco 4.5.2
    • Courier 1.3
    • uComponents 1.0
  • Chris Koiak 700 posts 2626 karma points
    Nov 10, 2010 @ 16:33
    Chris Koiak

Hi,

I'm also experiencing this exact same problem.

Our environment looks like this:

• .NET Framework 3.2
    • Umbraco 4.5.2
    • Courier 1.3
    • uComponents 1.0
    Nov 16, 2010 @ 09:13
    Chris Koiak

Update

I never got a response to this issue on the forum or from the courier support form so I've had to settle for a workaround.

To workaround this issue I remove the Umbraco.Courier.dll file from the bin folder. When I wish to utilise Courier I put the file back in the bin folder, move my content, then remove it again.

It's quite cumbersome, but it does work.

Cheers

Nov 17, 2010 @ 13:02
    Chris Koiak

Update

"Currently there isn't a work around, as the error is triggered by the uComponents tree UI component, which seems to have a context menu that tries to load courier into it. Courier only adds itself to the content and media tree, but in this case also the uComponents tree tries to load it.

So I would say that the uComponents tree needs to disable its context menu so 3rd party tasks are not loaded"  - Courier Support (Per)

Is uComponents initiating the context menu when it doesn't need to? Is there a way to disable to loading of the context menu MNTP?

Shannon doesn't think uCompnents is doing anything special with the trees.. http://shazwazza.com/post/uComponents-20-beta-out-soon.aspx

• Qube 74 posts 116 karma points
    Nov 17, 2010 @ 22:31
    Qube

I thought the same thing, until I saw it happening with the vanilla content picker... the one that ships with umbraco as standard.

This is not uComponents specific. It's a conflict between Courier and the content tree as it's used for pickers (that is, without a menu). It'll need an official fix from the core team I imagine, either to Courier or the tree controls themselves.

• Mustufa Baig 19 posts 41 karma points
    Jan 22, 2011 @ 19:33
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft