Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Graeme Paul 44 posts 64 karma points
    Dec 17, 2010 @ 11:20
    Graeme Paul

Deploying to Multiple servers

Hello I'm a UI developer for a large UK based Ecommerce website, we are considering using Umbraco to manage all of our content (blogs, faqs, T&cs...)

The question I have is if it is possible to deploy to multiple servers with courier? We have 7 production servers and 1 production db server, and would we need umbraco installed on each server?

Thanks

Graeme

• Antony Briggs 78 posts 103 karma points
    Dec 20, 2010 @ 12:07
    Antony Briggs

Hi Greame,

Courier is only required to transfer content between different installations (databases) of Umbraco. For example a staging and a production environment.

Umbraco has built-in support for load balancing scenarios like you describe, where the content is copied to each webserver on publishing.

I'm not sure if stock Umbraco supports copying of changes to the css/xslt and masterpages (templates) to each webserver but I don't see why it could not handle this if the changes are made in Umbraco's UI.

And yes, you would need to install the Umbraco web site files on each webserver and configure them for distributed publishing (not sure of the correct terminology).

You could try asking in the standard Umbraco forums if anyone there can give more details on setting up Umbraco for load balancing as I've never done it ;)

TTFN

Ant

• Matt Brailsford 4124 posts 22215 karma points MVP 9x c-trib
    Dec 20, 2010 @ 13:06
    Matt Brailsford

Hi Greame,

If you have an umbraco.tv subscription, you might want to watch the videos on load balancing, these should tell you everything you need to know to set this up:

http://umbraco.org/help-and-support/video-tutorials/umbraco-fundamentals (Scroll down to Load Balancing)

Cheers

Matt

• Graeme Paul 44 posts 64 karma points
    Dec 31, 2010 @ 11:32
    Graeme Paul

Thanks for you Help guys, I have subscribed to umbraco.tv.

thanks again

Graeme

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft