Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• smercer 39 posts 67 karma points
    Dec 22, 2010 @ 20:19
    smercer

Does courier handle dictionary items?

I am interested in using courier but I would like to know if it creates and updates dictionary items on the target site. Anybody know?

• Comment author was deleted

Dec 23, 2010 @ 11:11

The current version doesn't, but the new version coming in jan 2011 will be able to do that

Dec 23, 2010 @ 15:15
    smercer

Cool, just in time - I have a huge video on demand site launching 3/2011 and that will be just in time for our QA sprints!

Feb 28, 2011 @ 15:43
    smercer

Any updates on this?

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Feb 28, 2011 @ 15:57
    Niels Hartvig

We've got Courier 2 in a closed alpha since Jan and a public beta release will follow very shortly.

Mar 02, 2011 @ 04:44
    smercer

Will courier 2 use most of the same config options as the previous version? I would like to start building out my configs now, but I will wait if it will be wasted effort when 2 comes around.

• Will 4 posts 24 karma points
    Aug 26, 2011 @ 12:51
    Will

I have courier 2 express, and can see that courier appears to let you transfer dictionary items at a time, but only 1?  Is there a way to transfer all dictionary items.  The same appears to be true of stylesheets too?

• Keith Petersen 67 posts 111 karma points
    Aug 29, 2011 @ 20:07
    Keith Petersen

It sounds like you're right-clicking on each dictionary item node and choosing the Courier item. Instead, go into the Courier section and create a revision to transfer in order to transfer several items in one batch.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Aug 30, 2011 @ 15:34
    Per Ploug

Yes you have to currently right-click each individual item in the tree, unless you setup your dictionary items as child-items of another dictionary item

What Keith suggests is only available in the full version of courier 2 though

/per

Aug 30, 2011 @ 15:57
    Will

Thanks for getting back to me.  Its a shame you cant deploy all at once.  You are quite right I have the express version and so cant create revisions.  Interesting point about child items, but unfortunately i have created them all now.

I have also noticed that the dictionary items do not transfer across until you copy some content accross, is this a known bug or feature?  How would i transfer just one dictionary item across?

Thanks

Will

Aug 30, 2011 @ 16:11
    Will

Also some of the dictionary Items are being created in the target site, but their values are not?  Is this a bug?

To confirm I am deploying the dictionary items, then deploying a page of content.  The dictionary items show up after the page is deployed but the values of the dictionary items are not there

• Umbraco 137 posts 294 karma points
    Oct 18, 2011 @ 12:42
    Umbraco

I don't see dictionary items after transferring. It is only after transferring a document afterwards that the items show up.

• Michiel (NSC) 95 posts 115 karma points
    Nov 09, 2011 @ 11:28
    Michiel (NSC)

Just got word from support, dictionary items are transferred, but you must touch web.config before they are visible. Something to do with caching.

Nov 09, 2011 @ 11:30
    Per Ploug

It's fixed in 2.5, problem is that dictionary items are cached in a private static hashtable, which we have to clear through reflection, on some occasions the clearing would not be complete. But with the latest change, it works as intended so dictionary types does get transfered, and their cache reset

/Per

• Steve Johnston 6 posts 26 karma points
    May 04, 2013 @ 05:07
    Steve Johnston

I'm using Umbraco 4.11.7 with Courier 2.7.5.1.90.v4, and I've found that I'm still having to touch the web.config file, as mentioned in this thread, in order to get the updated dictionary value to show up on the target site.  Was this really fixed at one time, and has it become an issue again?

May 06, 2013 @ 15:55
    Per Ploug

Hi Steve

To my knowledge, the dictionary handling has not been changed, but there might be some changes in 4.11.7 that makes this happen again, will have a look

/Per

• Nick 101 posts 123 karma points
    Apr 09, 2014 @ 18:55
    Nick

Well with version 6 of umbraco and the latest version of courier, this problem is still there 3 years later :/

Did anyone figure out a hack to get dictionary items to update?

• Nick 101 posts 123 karma points
    May 21, 2014 @ 16:43
    Nick

I created a Dictionary refresher to solve the problem. Not ideal but it works

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft