Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jun 10, 2011 @ 10:09
    Tim

Courier 2 Questions

One of my clients is seriously considering using Courier 2 for deployment for a number of sites, but they have a few questions, that I can't find information about on the marketing stuff and product pages. If anyone knows the answers, I'd really appreciate it!

• Is it possible for Courier to copy datatypes such as uComponents ones (multi node picker etc) out of the box, or would we need to write a custom DataResolver for each one?
    • Does Courier support sending content to more than one instance? For example: Dev > Staging > Live?

• James Drever 118 posts 149 karma points
    Jun 12, 2011 @ 13:11
    James Drever

Hi Tim,

-Is it possible for Courier to copy datatypes such as uComponents ones (multi node picker etc) out of the box, or would we need to write a custom DataResolver for each one?

My understanding its that you'll only need to use custom DataResolvers when you're using data types with complex ways of storing content ids.  I've been able to transfer the uComponents multi node picker (using the csv option) ok without any custom code.  You'll need to specify custom data types with their GUID in courier.config.

-Does Courier support sending content to more than one instance? For example: Dev > Staging > Live?

Yep. You can set up multiple locations.  Again, you configure them in courier.config

James.

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jun 21, 2011 @ 10:21
    Tim

Hi James!

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

:)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft