Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Brendan Rice 538 posts 1100 karma points
    Jun 13, 2011 @ 17:16
    Brendan Rice

Courier 2 Exception with NetworkShareProvider

I have listed the exception I get when I have a NetworkShareProvider set up in the Courier.config, the config section for the repository can be seen below a well.

System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index
    at System.Collections.ArrayList.get_Item(Int32 index)
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Dialogs.CommitItem.oneSteptransfer(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\TeamCity6\buildAgent\work\cecf55a7453a4685\Umbraco.Courier.UI\Dialogs\CommitItem.aspx.cs:line 277
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint

<repositories>
          <repository name="Test Network" alias="testNetwork" type="NetworkShareProvider" visible="true">
            <path>c:\courier\iopener\</path>
          </repository>
        </repositories>

• Brendan Rice 538 posts 1100 karma points
    Jun 13, 2011 @ 17:19
    Brendan Rice

Can anyone see where I am going wrong?

• fishFace 5 posts 22 karma points
    Jun 22, 2011 @ 13:58
    fishFace

Hi Brendan - I get exactly the same error. Does anyone have this provider working correctly as this is the primary reason we purchased this product?

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jun 22, 2011 @ 14:04
    Per Ploug

Hey both of you

The issue is caused by the dialog, not by the networkshare provider itself. 

The networkshare cannot be used with the right-click dialogs as it is a simply storage location, not a location that understands a "deploy" And the right-click dialogs assumes that all locations setup understands deployments, hence the error. 

So instead of using the righclick dialogs, use the courier session to create revisions and transfer them to the network share

This issue is solved in the coming update

/per

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft