Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Aileen 59 posts 79 karma points
    Jun 20, 2011 @ 15:49
    Aileen

Courier 2.0 Console App Issues

Hi there

After seeing an awesome presentation at Code Garden on the new shiny Courier 2.0, I've decided to write my own console app to speed up the extraction of my data.

However, I'm having an issue connecting to the CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider. I've provided a user id of 0 (should be admin) but I keep on getting the following exception:

==================================================================
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at umbraco.BusinessLogic.User.setupUser(Int32 ID)
       at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.getloginAndPass(Int32 userId, String& login, String& pass)
       at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.OpenSession()
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ExtractionManager.ExtractRevisions()
       at Umbraco.Courier.ExtractionConsole.Program.Extract(String[] args)
    ==================================================================

This also happens if I use a valid login and password as an alternative. I've also specified my password encoding as hashed.

Thanks in advance for any help!!

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jun 21, 2011 @ 09:25
    Per Ploug

Hi Aileen

Ah yes, there is a small issue with the provider, when you run it from the console app, you need to set the specific login/pass not the user ID, as the console app have no idea what the ID means. Also, the ID must be set to -1 (yes that is kindda weird, I'll get that fixed in the next maintance release)

/Per

• Aileen 59 posts 79 karma points
    Jun 21, 2011 @ 15:50
    Aileen

Thanks Per - worked like a charm!

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jun 22, 2011 @ 14:11
    Per Ploug

sweet! :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft