Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jun 30, 2011 @ 18:14
    Tim

2.1 Bugs?

I've set up a local site, with two copies of Umbraco 4.7. One called dev.local, one called live.local. Dev.local has the business starter kit (from the setup wizard), with the uMedia skin installed, and the live one is just blank. I had some problems with the config file not being created, which are detailed in my previous post. In the end, I got the config files from one of the 2.1 maintenance zips.

I went into the config files and set up the locations, which show up OK. I copied all of the content from the dev site to the local one, and it appears to have copied SOME of the images etc from the CSS over, but not others. See the comparison below to see the difference:

As you can see, half of the images are missing. A quick look at the images folder reveals that only a small number of the images have actually been copied. All of the drop shadows and icons are missing (although in the case of the icons, the folder is there).

When copying content across, you have the option of adding additional files and folders. I tried doing that, adding just the folders, and then just the images individually. In both cases, neither the folders, nor the extra images were copied accross.

I've also noticed that you get the option of adding additional folders when copying content using the courier context menu and popup, but not when creating a revision. Surely it should be available in both?

Any ideas what's going on here? It can't be permissions, as some of the images from the folder are going across, so I'm not sure what the issue is. It should be pretty easy to set this up to try and replicate it. Any ideas/help greatly appreciated. I'm evaluating Contour for a couple of big clients at the mo, and this is a bit of a showstopper.......

:(

Jun 30, 2011 @ 18:22
    Tim

Further testing indicates that the "add additional files/folders" option in the copy dialog that you get from the right click context menu doesn't actually appear to do anything. Have tried adding a text file to the root of the dev site with some text in it and tried adding it to the list, and nothing gets copied. Have also tried this with folders and various other file types with the same result.

Jun 30, 2011 @ 18:44
    Tim

Right, for images that are in the template files, they don't get copied if they don't start with a "/". For example "/images/fish.png" will get copied, "images/fish.png" won't. Server controls that start with "~/" also seem to copy OK.

For stylesheets, I cannot for the life of me get it to copy the related images. Have tried every combination of background:, background-image: with quotes round the url, e.g. url('/images/test.jpg'), url("/images/test.jpg"), with no joy. Has anyone been able to get this to work?

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jun 30, 2011 @ 22:58
    Per Ploug

Thanks for the feedback Tim, it seems there are some areas where the image detection is not working as it should, I'll look into this friday

Background images in css *should* work but there might be some cases where using a skin and css screws things up in regards to paths which breaks the file transfer

• Barry Fogarty 493 posts 1129 karma points
    Jul 01, 2011 @ 00:44
    Barry Fogarty

Can I also chip in here - I have also done more or less exaclty what Tim has described today, and also had the issue where no config files were generated.  I got a config file from the nightlies and put in a repo snippet from the installation manual and modified it to point to my blank Umbraco instance.

However as soon as I click on the location in the Courier tree, I get the following error in the content pane:

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Umbraco.Courier.Core.Exceptions.UnauthorizedClientException: Courier IPFilter exception: request IP: 127.0.0.1 is not allowed at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.WebserviceProvider.Security.Authentication.AuthorizeClient(String login, String password, Boolean cacheAuthResult) in d:\TeamCity6\buildAgent\work\399aef48762b5884\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\WebserviceProvider\Security\Authentication.cs:line 28 at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Webservices.Repository.AuthorizeClient(String username, String password) in d:\TeamCity6\buildAgent\work\399aef48762b5884\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\Webservices\Repository.asmx.cs:line 44 at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Webservices.Repository.GetAvailableRevisions(String username, String password) in d:\TeamCity6\buildAgent\work\399aef48762b5884\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\Webservices\Repository.asmx.cs:line 153 --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Is this a license thing?  I would have thought my setup would have allowed this (domains are called x.local and y.local).  Am I missing something to get it to work on localhost?

Jul 01, 2011 @ 09:59
    Per Ploug

@barry, Your issue is not related to what tim is doing, you error comes from the IpFiltering setup on Courier, check your /config/courier.config file for what is blocked, it seems you are either missing info or have blocked all IPs.

This setting works for me: (remember to recycle app pool after changing this)

<security>
            <filters>
                <ipfilter>
                    <allow>*</allow>
                    <!--<deny>192.*</deny>-->
                    <!--<deny>192.123.122.*</deny>-->
                </ipfilter>

<userfilter>
                    <allow>*</allow>
                    <!--<deny>editor</deny>-->
                </userfilter>
            </filters>
    </security>

Jul 01, 2011 @ 10:46
    Tim

@Per, I've had a fairly thorough play with the stylesheets and tried several variants of including background images, and none of them seem to work.

I've also spotted a couple of other issues. Again, using the same starter kit, it fails to copy the code behind from "APP_CODE" for the contact form. The error in the Courier log is: 

System.Web.HttpParseException (0x80004005): Could not load type 'UmbracoShop.Controls.Contact'. ---> System.Web.HttpParseException (0x80004005): Could not load type 'UmbracoShop.Controls.Contact'. ---> System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load type 'UmbracoShop.Controls.Contact'.

at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.GetType(String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean throwOnError)

at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessInheritsAttribute(String baseTypeName, String codeFileBaseTypeName, String src, Assembly assembly)

at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.PostProcessMainDirectiveAttributes(IDictionary parseData)

at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ProcessException(Exception ex)

at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseStringInternal(String text, Encoding fileEncoding)

at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, VirtualPath virtualPath, Encoding fileEncoding)

at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseString(String text, VirtualPath virtualPath, Encoding fileEncoding)

at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.ParseFile(String physicalPath, VirtualPath virtualPath)

at System.Web.UI.TemplateParser.Parse()

at System.Web.Compilation.BaseTemplateBuildProvider.get_CodeCompilerType()

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvider.GetCompilerTypeFromBuildProvider(BuildProvider buildProvider)

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.ProcessBuildProviders()

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild()

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath)

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResult(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)

at System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.LoadControl(VirtualPath virtualPath)

at Umbraco.Courier.ItemProviders.MacroItemProvider.HandlePack(ItemIdentifier id) in d:\TeamCity6\buildAgent\work\399aef48762b5884\Umbraco.Courier.Providers\ItemProviders\MacroItemProvider.cs:line 98

It copies the user control over OK, but no actual code behind. The next entry in the log after the above (which appears twice), is this one:

Packaging

~/bin/App_Web_ajaxcommentform.ascx.e85b08af.tcez3vbj.dll

The DLL mentioned is not present on either the live or dev site (I guess this is meant to be a compiled version of the .cs files from app_data).

If I try and include those files manually, it says its transfered, but when I look at the log, it only mentions the file that I transferred accross, none of the additional items seem to copy accross. I've tried this with file from all over the site, and none of them ever copy accross from one instance to the other, its as if they're being ignored entirely. I've checked the revision folder in the App_Data/Courier folder, and the additional files that are selected aren't included in with the revision, just the files relating to the main content you are transferring.

Is it possible to add additional files to revisions, as well as when transferring by the context menu? If not, is that something we could have in a future update please?

I'm going to try rolling back to 2.0 and see if the issues are 2.1 specific.

• Barry Fogarty 493 posts 1129 karma points
    Jul 01, 2011 @ 10:59
    Barry Fogarty

Hi Per (sorry for the topic hijack Tim).  Your solution did not help my IP block situation.  My security config section was already the same as that which you have posted.  (I got it from the nightlies) Just to be clear - I have not entered any license information.  You say in the vid it should work on local though.

My local testing setup: 
    Source site:  Umbraco 4.7, IIS Express, SQL CE4
    Destination:  Umbraco 4.7, IIS Express, SQL Server 208 Express

Anything else I can try?  I really want to test out migrating data from SQL CE4

Jul 01, 2011 @ 11:04
    Tim

@Per, rolling back to 2.0 seems ot make no difference. Background images still not copied, and no additional files that you select are copied either.

Jul 01, 2011 @ 11:09
    Per Ploug

@tim new version has been put on nightly, should fix the css issues

http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoCourier/2.1/

In regard to the app_code and missing dlls, it's a pretty hard problem to solve automaticly, as you basicly have no idea what is needed for a ascx file to run. Courier tries to do some clever stuff with loading the ascx and figuring out its dll, but if it uses app_code then you would need to add the app_code folder/files your self

/Per

Jul 01, 2011 @ 11:23
    Tim

@Per thanks! I'll grab that down and give it a go.

Do you have any idea why additional files that I'm selecting in the advnaced settings dialog aren't being copied? If I can can get that working, I'll be able to get a couple of clients to fork out for some licenses!

:)

Jul 01, 2011 @ 12:18
    Per Ploug

@barry, new version on nightly with better feedback from the IP and user filtering, migt give you a better idea on what is going wrong:

http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoCourier/2.1/

Jul 01, 2011 @ 12:57
    Tim

@Per, we've tried setting up Courier on another box and we're still having the issue that nothing we select in the advanced setting box for copying extra files/folders is actually getting copied, so it looks like that might be a bug too rather than something specific to my machine.

To replicate: Create a text file called "test.txt" in the root of the site. Transfer a single piece of content or stylesheet, select "advanced options" from the menu, leave the defaults until you get to the "add files/folders" button, and add the text file. Transfer the content and check the live site. The content etc will have transferred ok, but the additional file isn't there....

Jul 01, 2011 @ 13:06
    Per Ploug

@tim it's fixed! was a YAVSRI (yet another view-state related issue) dialog is fixed and buildserver is compiling as we speak, will be on nightly in 3ish minuts

Jul 01, 2011 @ 16:11
    Tim

@Per, you're a star! Works perfectly now. Thanks for sorting these issues out so quickly!

:)

One more thing we've spotted though, when you copy pages with media items in (images only, files seem fine), it seems to mangle the source of the image on the site you're publishing to, by adding "\~" to the front of the media path. So for eample: /media/78/img_1703.jpg becomes /~/media/78/img_1703.jpg. Wierdly, this issue only seems to affect JPEG images, GIF and PNG formats have the correct path.

To replicate: add a media image to a page (must be a JPEG), use courier to move the page to the live site. Look at the page in the back office on the live site, and you'll see that the images is broken. Click the HTML source button and you'll see that the source is mangled.

Jul 01, 2011 @ 16:24
    Tim

Ok, this is wierd. The image has the correct path in the content. So opening the newly copied content on the front end shows the image correctly. However, when you open it in the RichText editor in the back office, THAT's where it mangles the link. So it's possible that the image is getting mangled by the core rather than Courier!

Jul 01, 2011 @ 17:10
    Tim

If I override the umbracoMediaPath property in web.config to "/media" instead of the default value of "~/media" it works OK. I guess something to do with JPEGs somewhere isn't resolving the ~ its just slapping the ~/media on the front. Other image types are ok though.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft