Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jul 01, 2011 @ 10:52
    Tim

License Question

Hiya,

I have a quick question to do with what license we need. We have a large site with several custom datatypes that store node ids (some ours, some uComponents), so we'll need to write custom resolvers for them. Can we write/use our own custom resolvers with the 99 Euro version, or do we need the full version to do this?

• Matt Bliss 176 posts 234 karma points c-trib
    Jul 04, 2011 @ 13:58
    Matt Bliss

Hi Tim,

I was wondering the same thing myself and came to the conclusion that the full version is needed based on these two paragraphs from the Umbraco.com site: http://umbraco.com/products/more-add-ons/courier-2

Comprehensive API

The full version of Courier comes with an API that enables a developer to create their own custom data resolvers to handle any content that is not standard to Umbraco. The deployment possibilities are endless.

Courier Express

If you don't need the full deployment UI or the API why not choose Courier Express? You still get all of the power of Courier's advanced deployment engine with right click deployment and dependency awareness at a fraction of the price of the full Courier.

I hope this helps,

Matt

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jul 04, 2011 @ 14:05
    Tim

Hi Matt!

That's the conclusion we've come to as well. Its for a pretty massive client, and they have a lot of custom data, at least some of which is going to need some custom resolvers writing, so we're going with the full version for our first site to use it! I'm very impressed with it as a tool so far. Thanks to your example css that you sent me on Twitter last week we isolated it down to a bug in Courier, which Per has fixed!

:)

• Matt Bliss 176 posts 234 karma points c-trib
    Jul 04, 2011 @ 14:07
    Matt Bliss

That's good news Tim, you are welcome

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft