Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Aileen 59 posts 79 karma points
    Jul 04, 2011 @ 15:04
    Aileen

Scheduled Publishing using Courier 2

Hi

Does anyone know whether it's possible to schedule publishing from a staging site to a live site using Courier 2? I have a client who would like to publish certain content to Live at 12am.

In addition, we also support multiple cultures, so they would like to have different schedules for different timezones.

Thanks,

Aileen

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Jul 04, 2011 @ 15:13
    Rich Green

Hi Aileen,

In theory I can tell you this its possible, but it's not something that simply works 'out the box'.

Courier packages up it's changes to one set of files and it's possible to deploy these using command line tools, or build servers.

So you would need to build a script, a scheduled task or a build server process in place for the deployment to happen at the time you required.

It might be worth noting you would need the full version of Courier 2 not the lite version.

Hope this helps letting you know it's possible, even though it's not technically a solution.

Rich

Jul 04, 2011 @ 15:17
    Aileen

Thanks Rich - at least I know it's possible :)

Jul 04, 2011 @ 15:19
    Rich Green

No problem, keep your eye on this page http://codegarden11.com/sessions/day-2/slot-two/team-development-with-andor-without-courier-20.aspx Per did a great Courier 2 session recently and the video should be up soon, will probably help with your project.

Rich

Jul 04, 2011 @ 15:21
    Aileen

Yeah - I was there :) It was awesome...

Jul 04, 2011 @ 15:25
    Rich Green

Oh, great, I was there too, just a little hungover from that boat trip so can't remember everything about the session.... :)

• Mitch Olinsky 31 posts 51 karma points
    Sep 21, 2011 @ 16:39
    Mitch Olinsky

Aileen, did you ever figure out how to schedule a publishing?

Sep 21, 2011 @ 17:10
    Aileen

Hi Mitch

The plan we had was to create a custom dashboard within Umbraco which would allow you to select the:

• Courier package
    • Time and date
    • Destination server

Then we'd create a windows service which would check the saved schedules and run the courier deployment application.

We haven't gotten round to doing any of this yet and as far as I know there is no automatic way to schedule deployments.

Cheers

Aileen

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft