Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Jul 05, 2011 @ 17:00
    Tim

Courier Context Menu Available To All Users?

I've noticed that ALL users get the Courier context menu, even if they don't have access to the Courier section. There doesn't appear to be a way of limiting the context menu to certain users, Would it be possible to make this a permissions assigned option (like publish, create etc), based on the user's group?

For example we wouldn't want content translators to be able to push changes from staging to live via the Courier menu, that would be done by the editors.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jul 05, 2011 @ 21:48
    Per Ploug

hmm it shouldn't do that, only admins would likely see the context menu, everyone else should not have it enabled by default, will look into it and see if I can replicate

Jul 07, 2011 @ 10:09
    Tim

If I create a user in one of the default groups (editor, writer etc) they all get the Courier menu item, even if they're not assigned to the Courier section. Tested on several 4.7 installs, not tried on anything earlier yet!

:)

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jul 11, 2011 @ 10:28
    Per Ploug

hmm, will get that sorted for the next release

Jul 11, 2011 @ 10:39
    Tim

Thanks Per!

:)

• Craig Cronin 304 posts 503 karma points
    May 18, 2015 @ 09:19
    Craig Cronin

Sorry I know this is an old post but this seems to be happening on the newer versions of the product.  I'm using Umbraco 7.2.4 and the latest version of courier and can't seem to hide courier in the context menu for other groups of users.

Does anyone have any more informaiton on this ?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft