Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Frank Buchner 22 posts 90 karma points
    Jul 05, 2011 @ 22:07
    Frank Buchner

Website deploy using Courier 2.1 seems to break Ultimate Picker

Hi,

I was able to deploy a site from staging to production, but after ran in to an issue on production afterwards where the ultimate picker control will no longer work anywhere on the production site (it is working fine on staging).  In the log table I get the following error:

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Property accessor 'IsValid' on object 'umbraco.editorControls.ultimatepicker.ultimatePickerDataEditor' threw the following exception:'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.'

Any insight in to this would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

--Frank

• Jonathan Lathigee 56 posts 99 karma points
    Jul 06, 2011 @ 18:57
    Jonathan Lathigee

Hi Frank

I had an issue with courier where ultimate picker was pointing to a specific root node (by its ID). When courier transferred it, it didn't update the root node (still pointing to old ID, which was no longer valid).

If you have a data type with render control of ultimate picker, on your live site go to developer>data types>"your data type" and make sure "parent nodeid" is correct.

Not sure if this is the same issue or not

cheers

Jonathan

• Frank Buchner 22 posts 90 karma points
    Jul 06, 2011 @ 21:58
    Frank Buchner

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the suggestion!  I checked out the data type listing for the ultimate picker, but everything seemed to be in order for my case.  By deleting the production site and transferring it in small packets (something suggested in another posting), I was able to get it to successfully redeploy the ultimate picker to be in a working state. 

It seems that on my site, Courier 2.x can't deploy more than 3 pages at a time.  Anything over that and I get all sorts of random threading and timeout issues (I have over 500 website pages).  Upping the process priority on both the staging and production servers and doing them in small page batches seems to help, but takes me multiple tries to get it to make the deployment successfully.  One other issue I've noticed is that some of the IDs for the items that are migrated are turning up as GUIDs instead of integers.

--Frank

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft