Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Erwin 4 posts 24 karma points
    Jul 12, 2011 @ 05:07
    Erwin

List of possible things not automatically copied in Courier 2?

I had two instance of umbraco, one (let's call it A) was installed with Simple Starter Kit and Sweet@s-feijoaSkins, and the other one (call it B) was installed with Personal Site and u.media skin.

on A, I created a custom button user control according to:
    http://www.nibble.be/?p=12

So as expected, I got a working button and page in A (Please ignore the title, I don't mean to troll):

I wanted to use Courier to transfer this page to B, so I deleted the original content in B.
    Next I simply clicked Courier on Simple Website, and clicked on the Deploy button.
    The resulting page in B was messed up:

Problem:
    1. The stylesheet (css) was not copied.
    2. The menu sequence on header was wrong.
        In A (original):
            Home > Installing modules > Go further > Getting started > index
        In B:
            Home > Getting Started > Go futher > index > Installing modules
    3. "Error creating control"
    After some checking, the file \usercontrols\demoControl.ascx was copied, but the dll file under folder bin\ was not. Manually copying the dll file into B's bin\ folder got rid of this error and button correctly displayed.

So to solve 1 and 3, I went to Courier advanced settings, added bin\ and css\ as additional folders for deployment.

My question:
    1. How to solve problem (2)?
    2. Are the a list of possible things that are not automatically copied in Courier 2?

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jul 15, 2011 @ 10:35
    Per Ploug

Hi Erwin

In regard to #2 then I think it has something to do with the way the xslt in that starterkit lists items

In A it lists them as it finds them in them XML structure, and actually the order is upside down (you would have getting started first, the "go further" etc) but the xslt in that starter kit doesn't sort by the nodes explicit sort order

So when courier moves stuff, it gets throw into the site in the order it was actually explicitely stated it should be in, and so your navigation has now changed.

So it is a bug (as it doesn't do as you expect) but courier has no way of knowing how xslts list nodes, so if you don't have an explicit sorting on your navigation, then the order can change after a transfer

/Per

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft