Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Aileen 59 posts 79 karma points
    Jul 13, 2011 @ 10:33
    Aileen

Courier Performance

Hi

I'm using the Courier console app to deploy a package which contains about 750 items.This is basically my entire site bundled up. I'd like to deploy a site to a new environment without having to use a database backup.

I left it running last night and it ran for 7 hours. Does anyone know of any way to increase the performance?

Thanks,

Aileen

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jul 13, 2011 @ 10:52
    Per Ploug

Hi Aileen

ouch! that is long time, for 750 items, it shouldn't take nowhere near that time :O 

So if you look at the folder containing the items you are transfering, how big is that folder? 

and the individual folders inside? (the resources and revision folder) how big are those 2? 

just trying to pinpoint if it's the transfer of big files / content that takes time or for some reason the readding of content and indexing is what takes time

/Per

• Aileen 59 posts 79 karma points
    Jul 13, 2011 @ 11:26
    Aileen

Hi Per

Yeah - I didn't think it should take that long :)

The revisions folder is 17.5 MB and contains 973 files and 86 folders made up of the following:

• Resources folder: 5.82 MB, 186 files, 71 folders (mainly media)
    • Revision folder: 11.7MB, 786 files, 12 folders
    • Settings folder: empty

We have quite a complicated site structure with 37 doc types so not sure if this has anything to do with it?

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jul 15, 2011 @ 10:30
    Per Ploug

Would you by any chance be able to send me the revision as a zip file? so I can do some diagnostics and try to track down why this is taking so long?

Also, 2.1 contains a bit of a performance increase and creates much smaller revision files, so that might also be a thing to try (guessing you are using 2.0 based on the size of the revision folder)

/Per

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft