Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Mahoney 239 posts 451 karma points
    Jul 15, 2011 @ 06:21
    Chris Mahoney

Documents becoming unpublished

Hi,

I'm running Courier 2.1 on Umbraco 4.7.

I start with a published document on our source server, right-click and choose Courier, and transfer it across to the destination server. When it arrives at the other end, it's sitting in an unpublished state and I need to manually log into the destination (live) server and republish it before it becomes available to visitors.

What could cause this? Is there a setting somewhere that I've overlooked? If the document is published on the source server then I'd like it to still be published on the destination. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Chris

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jul 15, 2011 @ 10:15
    Per Ploug

Hi Chris

Documents should by default be published on the target instance, what happens is that Courier will transfer everything, and then do the publishing after everything is transfered.

So it seems that either the publishing queue wasn't triggered, or the user on the target system may not have rights to publish items. 

Check you have Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers.dll in bin on both systems (this is what handles publishing)

I think the publishing should even create some umbraco log items, so check the log on the target system to see if it actually tries to publish

/Per

Jul 18, 2011 @ 23:04
    Chris Mahoney

Thanks Per, it looks like it was probably a permissions issue. It might be a couple of days before I'll know for sure (when we have a new page to go on there) so I'll post back here then and let you know.

Jul 21, 2011 @ 23:53
    Chris Mahoney

Well, a few more pages have transferred successfully so it looks like that was it!

Thanks for your help :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft