Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• andy_rose 91 posts 117 karma points
    Jul 22, 2011 @ 17:06
    andy_rose

Copying media items that are referenced by the rich text editor

I'm trialing Courier at the moment and there appears to be some variation in how media items are treated. If I add a new media item and reference it using a media picker then the media item is copied across to the destination media folder and the new entry appears in the destination media tree. If, however, I add a new media item and add it as an image in a rich text editor then Courier still copies across the physical image to the media folder but it is not added to the destination media tree. A quick check of the umbraco database confirmed that it had not been added and additional logging added to see if the Extracting event was fired on the MediaItemProvider shows that the media datatype item had not been moved accross, just the physical folder and file.

The page still works as the media item is in a folder with the correct id. Is there  a reason for this behaviour and is it a limitation of courier when newly added media items are only referenced in rich text editors?

• daveb.84 21 posts 46 karma points
    Mar 26, 2012 @ 18:09
    daveb.84

I am also experiencing this.   Is there anyway to get the item in the media library?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft