Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Aug 15, 2011 @ 18:06
    Tim

Copying Tags

Is it possible to copy tags accross with Courier? I've tried copying data across with Tags, and it looks like the comma separated data for the tags is copied, but not the actual contents of the tags table itself.......

Are the tags meant to be copied across, or do I need to create a custom data resolver for this?

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Aug 15, 2011 @ 18:12
    Jeroen Breuer

Courier won't work with datatypes which store their data in custom tables, but since this is default datatype I'm not sure. In the courier.config file you can see which datatypes are supported (or need a special data resolver). See this sample for creating a custom data resolver which uses a custom table: http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoCourier/Sample%20Itemprovider.pdf

Jeroen

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Aug 15, 2011 @ 18:16
    Tim

Confusingly, the downloadable DataResolvers zip thats on the nightly builds has a tags datatype in it, but looking at the code, it doesn't look like it actually copies the tag (at least I don't think it does). I'm not sure if it's included in the main build or not. I could do knowing for definite, as I don't want to ivest time and effort coding up item providers if there's a way to do it out of the box!

• Garðar Þorsteinsson 113 posts 534 karma points
    Nov 14, 2013 @ 12:27
    Garðar Þorsteinsson

I'm using Umbraco 6.1.6 with the newest version of Courior 2.7.8.1.5 v6 and this problem still exists !

I have search across the forums and have found this issue been brought up by allot of users but most have no answers and no feedback ! 

This is an paid software and it is not acacceptable that we dont have any answers for this issue.

Has anybody found a workaround for this ?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft