Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Keith Petersen 67 posts 111 karma points
    Aug 18, 2011 @ 00:07
    Keith Petersen

Courier 2.1.1 - The request failed with HTTP status 404 when tranferring large media file

Courier 2.1.1, Umbraco 4.7.0. When attempting to transfer a 25.4MB media file, I get the error below. I assume it's because the file is too big. Is there a file size limit with Courier? It's a zip archive, but other small zip files transferred ok.

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
    at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.WebServiceProvider.RepositoryWebservice.TransferResources(ResourceTransfer[] resources, String user, String pass) in d:\TeamCity6\buildAgent\work\10d13058beb058ea\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\WebserviceProvider\webservice.cs:line 1094
    at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.TransferResources(ResourceTransfer[] resources) in d:\TeamCity6\buildAgent\work\10d13058beb058ea\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\WebserviceProvider\CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.cs:line 286
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ExtractionManager.ExtractItemResources(Item item, ResourceExtractionOrder order)
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ExtractionManager.ExtractResources(ResourceExtractionOrder order)
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Dialogs.CommitItem.TransferAndExtractOnSelectedRepo(String repo)
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Dialogs.CommitItem.oneSteptransfer(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Aug 26, 2011 @ 09:28
    Per Ploug

The 404 error doesn't make sense, but yes, I would say that it is caused by the file-size, which the asp.net webservice isn't configured to handle, I guess you can increase the accepted file-size if you look at the standard asp.net webservices settings

• Keith Petersen 67 posts 111 karma points
    Aug 29, 2011 @ 20:02
    Keith Petersen

Ok, I'll test it when I get a chance.

• Atoosa Khoda 96 posts 148 karma points
    Apr 12, 2012 @ 09:23
    Atoosa Khoda

Any updates on this please? I have posted the same issue here http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/30722-Extracting-was-not-completed,-as-it-returned-an-error-Courier-404-?p=0#comment114011 before i read this post. 

I excluded the large media file which was a video, by unticking from the list in the courier transfer, this time the transfer went through, i can see the content on the destination, but i still get the above error message.

Did you have any luck resolving the issue? or understanding why this is happening?

• Mike Willey 1 post 21 karma points
    Jan 30, 2013 @ 17:59
    Mike Willey

I just encountered this same error with umbraco v 4.7.2 (Assembly version: 1.0.4500.21031)

The fix for me was adding the following to web.config -

<system.web.extensions>
        <scripting>
          <webServices>
            <jsonSerialization maxJsonLength="50000000">
            </jsonSerialization>
          </webServices>
          </scripting>
      </system.web.extensions>
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft