Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Sergio 73 posts 93 karma points
    Aug 30, 2011 @ 12:25
    Sergio

Error 401. First time using Courier 2

Hello,

I have downloaded and installed Courier2 in my dev machine. I have two websites:

Each time I try to deploy a content item using Courier I receive the same error. This is the detailed aplication error:

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.

Error details

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized.
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
    at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.WebServiceProvider.RepositoryWebservice.TransferResources(ResourceTransfer[] resources, String user, String pass) in d:\TeamCity6\buildAgent\work\10d13058beb058ea\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\WebserviceProvider\webservice.cs:line 1094
    at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.TransferResources(ResourceTransfer[] resources) in d:\TeamCity6\buildAgent\work\10d13058beb058ea\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\WebserviceProvider\CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.cs:line 286
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ExtractionManager.ExtractItemResources(Item item, ResourceExtractionOrder order)
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ExtractionManager.ExtractResources(ResourceExtractionOrder order)
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Dialogs.CommitItem.TransferAndExtractOnSelectedRepo(String repo)
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Dialogs.CommitItem.oneSteptransfer(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Is it needed to specify some special permission?

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Aug 30, 2011 @ 12:35
    Rich Green

Do your 2 websites have the same Admin password?

Rich

Aug 30, 2011 @ 12:37
    Sergio

Yes Rich. And they are almost identical. I´m just trying to update a property´s content.

Aug 30, 2011 @ 13:15
    Rich Green

Seems like an authorisation problem, what's the name of your admin user?

Rich

Aug 30, 2011 @ 13:40
    Rich Green

Unless you tell Courier otherwise it'll expect your admin user to be 'admin' and for both sites to have exactly the same password.

Rich

Aug 30, 2011 @ 13:47
    Sergio

My admin user is exactly "admin" in both websites and with the same password.

Also I have given Full Control to the Everyone group in both websites (NTFS Permissions).

Aug 30, 2011 @ 15:13
    Rich Green

Hey Sergio,

hmm, I don't know then I'm afraid sorry.

You could try mailing Per from Umbraco or try a later version (2.1.1) from here http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoCourier/

Rich

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Aug 30, 2011 @ 15:31
    Per Ploug

Hi Sergio

The error doesn't come from the courier authentication itself, as it doesn't return such a status code, I think it has something to do

with the way you've setup permissions on your 2 sites, in particular on the /umbraco folder and .asmx files which is what is accessed with the courier provider, so you need to verify that you can actually view the file: /umbraco/plugins/courier/webservices/repository.asmx in your browser

also, ensure that you have the right ports set on your repository config in the /config/courier.config file

/Per

Aug 31, 2011 @ 10:28
    Sergio

Hi Per,

I have checked in the browser the repository.asmx web service and the methods are displayed correctly but I have checked to access Courier.asmx and I receive the following error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Umbraco.Courier.UI.Application.StatusItem cannot be serialized because it does not have a parameterless constructor.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Umbraco.Courier.UI.Application.StatusItem cannot be serialized because it does not have a parameterless constructor.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Umbraco.Courier.UI.Application.StatusItem cannot be serialized because it does not have a parameterless constructor.]
       System.Xml.Serialization.TypeDesc.CheckSupported() +4083193
       System.Xml.Serialization.TypeDesc.CheckSupported() +49
       System.Xml.Serialization.TypeScope.GetTypeDesc(Type type, MemberInfo source, Boolean directReference, Boolean throwOnError) +164
       System.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter.ImportMemberMapping(XmlReflectionMember xmlReflectionMember, String ns, XmlReflectionMember[] xmlReflectionMembers, Boolean rpc, Boolean openModel, RecursionLimiter limiter) +58
       System.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter.ImportMembersMapping(XmlReflectionMember[] xmlReflectionMembers, String ns, Boolean hasWrapperElement, Boolean rpc, Boolean openModel, RecursionLimiter limiter) +298

[InvalidOperationException: There was an error reflecting 'GetEngineStatusResult'.]
       System.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter.ImportMembersMapping(XmlReflectionMember[] xmlReflectionMembers, String ns, Boolean hasWrapperElement, Boolean rpc, Boolean openModel, RecursionLimiter limiter) +1051
       System.Xml.Serialization.XmlReflectionImporter.ImportMembersMapping(String elementName, String ns, XmlReflectionMember[] members, Boolean hasWrapperElement, Boolean rpc, Boolean openModel, XmlMappingAccess access) +137
       System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapReflector.ImportMembersMapping(XmlReflectionImporter xmlImporter, SoapReflectionImporter soapImporter, Boolean serviceDefaultIsEncoded, Boolean rpc, SoapBindingUse use, SoapParameterStyle paramStyle, String elementName, String elementNamespace, Boolean nsIsDefault, XmlReflectionMember[] members, Boolean validate, Boolean openModel, String key, Boolean writeAccess) +119
       System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapReflector.ReflectMethod(LogicalMethodInfo methodInfo, Boolean client, XmlReflectionImporter xmlImporter, SoapReflectionImporter soapImporter, String defaultNs) +5007

[InvalidOperationException: Method Courier.GetEngineStatus can not be reflected.]
       System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapReflector.ReflectMethod(LogicalMethodInfo methodInfo, Boolean client, XmlReflectionImporter xmlImporter, SoapReflectionImporter soapImporter, String defaultNs) +6746
       System.Web.Services.Description.SoapProtocolReflector.ReflectMethod() +136
       System.Web.Services.Description.ProtocolReflector.ReflectBinding(ReflectedBinding reflectedBinding) +2908
       System.Web.Services.Description.ProtocolReflector.Reflect() +721
       System.Web.Services.Description.ServiceDescriptionReflector.ReflectInternal(ProtocolReflector[] reflectors) +631
       System.Web.Services.Description.ServiceDescriptionReflector.Reflect(Type type, String url) +109
       System.Web.Services.Protocols.DocumentationServerType..ctor(Type type, String uri) +156
       System.Web.Services.Protocols.DocumentationServerProtocol.Initialize() +352
       System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactory.Create(Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, Boolean& abortProcessing) +124

[InvalidOperationException: Unable to handle request.]
       System.Web.Services.Protocols.ServerProtocolFactory.Create(Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response, Boolean& abortProcessing) +335
       System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFactory.CoreGetHandler(Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response) +176

[InvalidOperationException: Failed to handle request.]
       System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFactory.CoreGetHandler(Type type, HttpContext context, HttpRequest request, HttpResponse response) +347
       System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String verb, String url, String filePath) +212
       System.Web.Script.Services.ScriptHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, String url, String pathTranslated) +47
       System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig) +203
       System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +128
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +184

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

@Rich, I will try with that other version. Your help is very appreciated.

Aug 31, 2011 @ 10:36
    Sergio

Umm, I have checked that it was Courier 2.1.1 the version I had installed.

Maybe is a good idea to try with Courier 2.0 or Courier 2.1?

Sep 01, 2011 @ 12:18
    Sergio

Same error with versions 2.0 and 2.1

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft