Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michael Lawrence 128 posts 200 karma points
    Sep 14, 2011 @ 00:23
    Michael Lawrence

System.ArgumentException: The relative virtual path 'Empty due to Umbraco Contour in trial mode' is not allowed here.

Hi, I'm having an issue with packaging the documents on a website I'm working on using Umbraco 4.7.1, Courier 2.1.1, and Contour 1.1.9. I have no issues packaging anything else other than the documents. When I try to just package the documents it gives me this error:

Application Error
    Unable to load item width id 'c698bf42-65c8-42f8-af3d-9c2213578d20' from provider 'PropertyData'
    Error details

Umbraco.Courier.Core.Exceptions.PackageException: Unable to load item width id 'c698bf42-65c8-42f8-af3d-9c2213578d20' from provider 'PropertyData' ---> System.ArgumentException: The relative virtual path 'Empty due to Umbraco Contour in trial mode' is not allowed here. 
    at System.Web.VirtualPath.FailIfRelativePath() 
    at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPathActual(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean permitNull) 
    at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPathInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath) 
    at System.Web.Hosting.MapPathBasedVirtualPathProvider.CacheLookupOrInsert(String virtualPath, Boolean isFile) 
    at System.Web.Hosting.MapPathBasedVirtualPathProvider.FileExists(String virtualPath) 
    at Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers.Upload.Packaging(Item item) in d:\TeamCity6\buildAgent\work\10d13058beb058ea\Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers\DataResolvers\Upload.cs:line 49 
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ResolutionManager.(Item item, ItemEvent e) 
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ResolutionManager.PackagingItem(Item item) 
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemProvider.Package(ItemIdentifier id) 
    at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.Package(ItemIdentifier itemId) in d:\TeamCity6\buildAgent\work\10d13058beb058ea\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\Local\Local.cs:line 173 
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.PackagingManager.™(ItemIdentifier itemId, ItemProvider provider, ItemType itemType) 
    --- End of inner exception stack trace --- 
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.PackagingManager.™(ItemIdentifier itemId, ItemProvider provider, ItemType itemType) 
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.PackagingManager.š() 
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.PackagingManager.PackageQueue() 
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Pages.EditRevisions.(Object sender, EventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) 
    at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) 
    at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) 
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
    The relative virtual path 'Empty due to Umbraco Contour in trial mode' is not allowed here.

System.ArgumentException: The relative virtual path 'Empty due to Umbraco Contour in trial mode' is not allowed here. 
    at System.Web.VirtualPath.FailIfRelativePath() 
    at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPathActual(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean permitNull) 
    at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.MapPathInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath) 
    at System.Web.Hosting.MapPathBasedVirtualPathProvider.CacheLookupOrInsert(String virtualPath, Boolean isFile) 
    at System.Web.Hosting.MapPathBasedVirtualPathProvider.FileExists(String virtualPath) 
    at Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers.Upload.Packaging(Item item) in d:\TeamCity6\buildAgent\work\10d13058beb058ea\Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers\DataResolvers\Upload.cs:line 49 
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ResolutionManager.(Item item, ItemEvent e) 
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ResolutionManager.PackagingItem(Item item) 
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemProvider.Package(ItemIdentifier id) 
    at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.Package(ItemIdentifier itemId) in d:\TeamCity6\buildAgent\work\10d13058beb058ea\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\Local\Local.cs:line 173 
     Submit error to umbraco.com

-

The weird thing is that Contour isn't running in trial mode at all. Both instances of Umbraco have Contour and Courier licensed just fine and they are both running on different subdomains of the licensed domain. Why would it tell me that Contour is running in trial mode?
  • Casey Neehouse 1339 posts 483 karma points MVP 2x admin
    Sep 14, 2011 @ 19:15
    Casey Neehouse

It is a matter that the Contour records have stored the value 'Empty due to Umbraco Contour in trial mode'

Simply clear these records, and all should be well.

Casey

Sep 14, 2011 @ 19:29
    Michael Lawrence

Thanks! That worked with that issue, but now I'm having another issue. When I try to transfer the documents revision or media revision I created I get a 404 error in the dialog box when it appears to complete the transfer. Also, the revision appears on the 2nd instance of Umbraco I'm transferring to. When I try to install either the media or documents revision I get the following error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    Error details

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Pages.deployRevision.bindCreated(Object sender, RepeaterItemEventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnItemDataBound(RepeaterItemEventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.DataBind() 
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Pages.deployRevision.bindProvider(Object sender, RepeaterItemEventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnItemDataBound(RepeaterItemEventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.DataBind() 
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Pages.deployRevision.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) 
    at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) 
    at umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) 
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Pages.CourierBasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) 
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Pages.CourierBaseLicensedPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() 
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Any idea what might be causing this?

• Casey Neehouse 1339 posts 483 karma points MVP 2x admin
    Sep 14, 2011 @ 19:33
    Casey Neehouse

What version of Courier are you using?

Sep 14, 2011 @ 19:34
    Michael Lawrence

Umbraco 4.7.1
    Courier 2.1.1

Sep 15, 2011 @ 19:19
    Michael Lawrence

Ok, so things seemed to be going better when using the version you suggested on the phone: Courier_2.5_2.5.17.zip. Now I'm getting a different error, and I'm not sure if it's related to maybe a bug in this Courier revision. 

Server Error in '/' Application.

Server was unable to process request. ---> Could not find a part of the path 'E:\Websites\coop\app_data\courier\revisions\Documents\media\100023\ecommerce-solutions_fast_branch.flv'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Could not find a part of the path 'E:\Websites\coop\app_data\courier\revisions\Documents\media\100023\ecommerce-solutions_fast_branch.flv'.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> Could not find a part of the path 'E:\Websites\coop\app_data\courier\revisions\Documents\media\100023\ecommerce-solutions_fast_branch.flv'.]
       System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) +1513512
       System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) +221
       Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.WebServiceProvider.RepositoryWebservice.CommitResourceitem(String revision, ResourceItem resourceItem, String username, String password) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\233db67f911c4288\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\WebserviceProvider\webservice.cs:277
       Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.CommitRevision(Revision revision) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\233db67f911c4288\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\WebserviceProvider\CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.cs:66
       Umbraco.Courier.Core.RepositoryProvider.CommitRevision(Revision revision, String folder) +24
       Umbraco.Courier.Core.Services.Transfering.CommitRevision(String revisionPath, String repository, String folder) +237
       Umbraco.Courier.UI.Dialogs.transferRevision.inittransfer(Object sender, EventArgs e) +270
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +118
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +112
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +5563

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

The file is actually located at: E:\Websites\coop\App_Data\courier\revisions\Documents\resources\media\100023

Any idea why this is happening?

Sep 15, 2011 @ 21:36
    Michael Lawrence

I've also tried using the Courier_2.5_2.5.0.22.zip build and I can package my documents just fine, but in the middle of the transferring process I get the following error:

System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found. 
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) 
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) 
    at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.WebServiceProvider.RepositoryWebservice.CommitResourceitem(String revision, ResourceItem resourceItem, String username, String password) 
    at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.CourierWebserviceRepositoryProvider.CommitRevision(Revision revision) 
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Transfer.RevisionTransfer.Transfer() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.TransferTask.Run() 
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.(IRevisionTask value)

I'm really baffled by what is going on.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Sep 16, 2011 @ 08:37
    Per Ploug

The 2.5 branch can have hiccups here and there, as it is not fully done yet, but that 404 is strange, as it appears that the webservice url is all of a sudden gone, which really doesn't make sense.

Sep 16, 2011 @ 08:40
    Michael Lawrence

Yeah, I've been getting weird errors a lot. I've been switching between versions and each version gives different errors. I sent Casey the files and he's supposed to be looking into it to see if he can duplicate the errors. :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft