Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Adam 51 posts 81 karma points
    Sep 29, 2011 @ 19:03
    Adam

Do I Need Courier 2 or Will FTP Suffice?

Hi All,

I have a client who is on a budget and they are asking if we can manage without Courier. I am very new to Umbraco so I'm not sure. Currently the site is static HTML but we want to use Umbraco (I have already started work on my localhost in preperation). We will setup hosting with EUKHost.com as I understand it is a one-click install for Umbraco on their shared packages.

I am experienced with developing sites in HTML and uploading via FTP with either Dreamweaver or FileZilla. Can someone please let me know if I can manage the Umbraco site (uploading work done on my localhost to the live site) without Courier and if so, the best way to manage this. I am not experienced in managing databases and Windows servers so please bear that in mind.

Thanks

Adam

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Oct 04, 2011 @ 08:50
    Per Ploug

Hi Adam

The big different between a static html site and umbraco, is that umbraco doesn't store your content as files you can ftp, they are all in the database.

So to transfer content changes from local, then you either need to copy over the database, or use Courier 2, and based on your experience with databases and servers, I would go with Courier to do that.

/per

• Adam 51 posts 81 karma points
    Oct 06, 2011 @ 12:35
    Adam

Thanks Per.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft