Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris K 15 posts 36 karma points
    Oct 03, 2011 @ 22:31
    Chris K

Upgrading Courier from 1.2 to 2.1.1

I've tried looking through the forums for nay help I can find on this topic, but I haven't seen anything helpful. If I've missed it, I apologize.

I have an existing Courier installation of version 1.2 running fine on a 4.7.1 site for Staging and Poduction transfers. I want to upgrade Courier to 2.1.1, but I'd like to be as prepared as possible for this process.

Are there any links to this process or is it as easy as manually installing 2.1.1 and configuring it from scratch? It looks like the two versions are configured a bit differently from look of the manual instructions, because the entries in the config files are not there form the previous version. At least, I'm not noticing them anywhere.

My concern is more for the SQL aspect of the upgrade and if anything changes from the old version and what should still be followed form the installation process. Certainl;y someone else has done this u[grade before who can pass on some helpful tips?

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Oct 03, 2011 @ 23:25
    Rich Green

Hey Chris,

Welcome to the forum!

I'm sure some at Umbraco will help you with this.

My only suggestion would be to install another copy of 4.7.1 locally, install Courier 2.1.1 and then do some file compares and also a database compare (you can get a 14 day trial of Redgates tool for example)

Rich

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Oct 04, 2011 @ 08:40
    Per Ploug

Hi Chris

Courier 1 and 2 are completely seperate, you cannot upgrade V1 to V2, so best option would be to uninstall Courier 1 and then install Courier 2 as a package as normally

/Per

• Chris K 15 posts 36 karma points
    Oct 04, 2011 @ 14:50
    Chris K

Thanks for the welcome and the information!

This makes total sense. I'll do as Per has instructed. Thanks again!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft