Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Mitch Olinsky 31 posts 51 karma points
    Oct 03, 2011 @ 23:14
    Mitch Olinsky

Customizing Courier Dependencies

I noticed that when I send a page through Courier, it is including the pages partent nodes.  Is this happening for anyone else?  Does anyone know if it is possible to change the settings so this doesn't happen?

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Oct 03, 2011 @ 23:17
    Rich Green

Is this when you're right clicking the content node and transferring, or when you create an Courier package to deploy?

Rich

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Oct 04, 2011 @ 08:42
    Per Ploug

Hi Mitch

Yeah, Courier will transfer the parents as well, as the page you are transfering needs them to function, so it will always do that, as the alternative is that might transfer a page that ends up nowhere as it's parent page is not present. 

If you use the right-click deploy option, you can choose advanced and tell it to not overwrite existing dependencies, so in case they are already there, it will not overwrite them

/Per

Oct 04, 2011 @ 18:30
    Mitch Olinsky

We need to include some dependancies, such as images and templates.

I think I have a solution figured out though.  I created an event handler that cancels Dependancy Documents.  It seem to be working well, it leaves non-document dependancies and children documents when selected.  What do you guys think?  Is this going to break anything?

Umbraco.Courier.Core.ExtractionManager.Instance.ExtractingItem += new EventHandler<Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemEventArgs>(Instance_ExtractingItem);

void Instance_ExtractingItem(object sender, Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemEventArgs e)
            {
                if (e.Item.ItemType.ToString() == "Dependency" && e.Item.GetType().ToString() == "Umbraco.Courier.ItemProviders.Document")
                {
                    e.Cancel = true;
                }
                else
                {

}
            }

• Tom R 5 posts 35 karma points
    Oct 06, 2011 @ 01:00
    Tom R

Any word if this works?

We are rather disapointed with this core functionality, simple users are mistakenly pushing testing content and features live and we would very much like to disable the dependancy feature.

Oct 06, 2011 @ 14:35
    Mitch Olinsky

I'm not sure if it's bug free, but it definitely works.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft