Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jonny Irwin 91 posts 153 karma points
    Nov 04, 2011 @ 15:59
    Jonny Irwin

Courier2 and MNTP - Input string was not in a correct format

I've been having an issue with deployment of a multi node tree picker using Courier 2.

Using:

Umbraco 4.7
    .Net4
    SQL server 2008R2
    uComponents 2.1 Multi node tree picker using the data saved as CSV. 

Based on information found here: http://jamesdrever.co.uk/blog/?p=188, the courier.config file has been updated to include the following in the contentPickers section:

<add key="contactPicker">c2d6894b-e788-4425-bcf2-308568e3d38b</add>

The whole site was then deployed successfully using courier 2.  The only thing needed to do after the deployment was to go into the MNTP prevalue editor and change the Start node ID. 

To test how it would work doing a deployment to a site that was not blank, the same revision was then applied again using courier 2.  When doing a compare and install, courier marked the MNTP datatype as needing updating - clearly because the Start Node ID was different between source and destination.

The revision was then installed and it completed with no errors.  However, now when clicking on a content page in the back office content tree that uses the MNTP, the following error is displayed:

Input string was not in a correct format.

Stack Trace: 

[FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.]

System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) +12630469

System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) +224

uComponents.Core.DataTypes.MultiNodeTreePicker.MNTP_PrevalueEditor.<get_StartNodeXPathExpressionType>b__e(PreValue x) +49

uComponents.Core.DataTypes.MultiNodeTreePicker.MNTP_PrevalueEditor.GetPreValue(PropertyIndex index, Func`2 output, T defaultVal) +170

uComponents.Core.DataTypes.MultiNodeTreePicker.MNTP_DataType.Tree_Init(Object sender, EventArgs e) +442

uComponents.Core.DataTypes.MultiNodeTreePicker.MNTP_DataEditor.OnInit(EventArgs e) +90

System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +133

System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +277

System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +421

umbraco.controls.ContentControl.addControlNew(Property p, TabPage tp, String Caption) +3676

umbraco.controls.ContentControl.CreateChildControls() +834

System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +182

umbraco.controls.ContentControl.OnInit(EventArgs e) +123

umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.OnInit(EventArgs e) +1005

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1954

This also occurs if I click on my MNTP datatype in the developer section.  

Has anyone any ideas why this would be happening & how I could better deploy this?  I am aware that Courier 2.5 supports MNTP but the project that I am currently working on won't use a beta product.

Thanks in advance!

Nov 04, 2011 @ 16:02
    Jonny Irwin

Sorry for the formatting problems above - it looked fine when I originally went to post it.  I then went to edit the post and it threw an xslt error on the comments xslt!

• Craig Taylor 29 posts 69 karma points
    Nov 08, 2011 @ 18:47
    Craig Taylor

I am experiencing the same issue.  Were you able to resolve this Jonny?  It works fine for me in one environment, but not another.  Any amount of re-publishing and re-pushing the content and datatypes has been unsuccessful so far.  Going to dig into the database to see if there is something funky there.

-Craig

• Craig Taylor 29 posts 69 karma points
    Nov 08, 2011 @ 22:32
    Craig Taylor

Dug in and discovered that the database in one environment was missing an entry in the "dbo.cmsDataTypePreValues" table.  Compared it to the working version, inserted the missing row at the correct location and I'm back up and running again.  Note: Make sure you turn on identity insert for inserting into this table.

-Craig

Nov 09, 2011 @ 11:00
    Jonny Irwin

Thanks for your update Craig!

Based on what you said, I had a look in the dbo.cmsDataTypePreValues table.  It looks like all rows are present for my MNTP prevalues - however, one of them appears to be out of order.

Basically I have rows with id's like: 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 is missing, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 and then I have another row id 49 which has in it the contents that should be in line 10.  I've looked at the working site's database to confirm this.

Of course as the table has auto incrementing id's, id 10 has already been taken.  Is this an issue with how courier does its deployment?  I don't really want to have to do a lot of manual database manipulation.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Nov 09, 2011 @ 11:33
    Per Ploug

Hi Jonny

What version of courier  are you using?

It has been a tad tricky to find a way of updating prevalues for all these different prevalue-editors, which use the umbraco storage in many many maaaany different ways. but with 2.5 it has been tested and confirmed working on the ucomponents types, as well as the standard types included in umbraco core. 

Nov 09, 2011 @ 11:41
    Jonny Irwin

Hi Per, thanks for your reply!

We're currently using Courier 2.1.1.  

I'm currently working onsite with a client and unfortunately I don't think that I would be allowed to use a beta product for various reasons.  Though I may well try it out on a test site for my own benefit.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft