Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Tom Hewitt 7 posts 27 karma points
    Nov 08, 2011 @ 11:00
    Tom Hewitt

Licence file not validating correctly

Hi everyone,

We're having major issues with our licence file in that it won't validate correctly when attempting to move content from one Umbraco installation to another. Courier worked like a charm in trial mode when we had it happliy moving stuff from one installation to another on the same machine, but across machines it's a different story. The standard error message that says that "Hello, you are currently trying to run a part of Courier which is not included in your current Courier license." keeps appearing, even though the licence file is correct for our environments.

The support guys from Umbraco have been trying to help on this for a few weeks now but we don't seem to be getting very far. I thought I'd also throw this out to the community to see if anyone else has had similar problems in the past and rectified them.

We are using an F5 load balancer in all the environments that we are attempting to transfer between. Not sure if that's got anything to do with it or not, but it's certainly a point to note.

Any comments, and suggestions are gratefully received.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Nov 08, 2011 @ 11:07
    Per Ploug

Hi Tom

The license file response indicates that Courier cannot find the specific license file, does it list any domains or IPs on the error dialog?

Is it a full version of express version?

Due to your hosting setup, you migth need to map your license file path to an absolute path

You can do that by adding a appsettings key to the web.config with the key=UmbracoCourierLicense and with the full path the license file ex: c:\courier.lic

/per

Nov 08, 2011 @ 11:59
    Tom Hewitt

Thanks Per,

Will make a few changes and report back

Nov 08, 2011 @ 12:05
    Tom Hewitt

In answer to your questions though, it is the full version of Courier and our expected domains appear at the bottom of the licence error page.

Nov 08, 2011 @ 15:18
    Tom Hewitt

Sadly, I still cannot get this to work. You did mean the web.config of the rrot website I presume?

Any other thoughts?

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Nov 09, 2011 @ 11:38
    Per Ploug

Hi Tom

that was my best guess actually, you can turn on IO exceptions from the licensing by adding this to the web.config (yup in the root of your site) that should trigge a ysod if it can't find the license:

<add key="umbracoLicensingHandleIO" value="false" />
    <add key="UmbracoCourierLicense" value="c:\license.lic">
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft