Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeppe Vammen Kristensen 10 posts 76 karma points
    Nov 17, 2011 @ 14:45
    Jeppe Vammen Kristensen

Courier Express exporting to file

Hi

I just want to be sure about this. I'm using a Courier Express license (2.1). I'm not able to access the destination server from the source server (connection refused). Do I need to upgrade to the pro license to be able to pack a file and deploy it on the destinaton server, or is there a way to fix it with express?

Jeppe

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Nov 17, 2011 @ 14:54
    Per Ploug

Hi Jeppe

there is no connection limitation on Courier Express, the Connection refused error is likely due to server permissions or wrong credentials, but you should see a more detailed error message when you're trying to connect.

/Per

Nov 18, 2011 @ 08:25
    Jeppe Vammen Kristensen

Hi Per

Thanks for the answer. My main issue is that I can't access the destination server from source server. So I was wondering if you can do something in the line of copy to a folder/share and then copy that file to the destination and "import" it from there.

Jeppe 

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Nov 18, 2011 @ 09:26
    Per Ploug

Hi Jeppe

Courier Express assumes that you have a working connection between 2 sites as it's UI is entirely based on immediate deployments.

The full version of Courier supports creating a revision, moving it to the other server and deploying it there, is there no way whatsoever you can get access to the server? seems odd as it's through port 80 over http, so if you can access the site, you should also be able to send courier content to it.

/Per

Nov 18, 2011 @ 09:35
    Jeppe Vammen Kristensen

Hi Per

Super that was what I was looking for. I'm in the "mercy" of the IT-administrator to open up for accesing the destination server from the source server. Appreciate your input.

Jeppe

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft