Nov 17, 2011 @ 16:52
    dominik

Courier Error on Datatype

Hello,

If i try to transfer a new created site i always get this error:

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Nov 17, 2011 @ 21:05
    Per Ploug

Dominik, what datatype is that? what render control is behind the data-type 166-literature ? judging from the Guid, it is a custom one, and the exception thrown "(often happens on share databases)" is also not coming from Courier but from the datatype assembly itself 

• dominik 711 posts 733 karma points
    Nov 17, 2011 @ 21:17
    dominik

Hi Per

It is the embedded Content renderer.

I use this type about three times. the page is looking ok but if i try to transfer this error is shown all the tim

Nov 17, 2011 @ 22:07
    Per Ploug

Ok, thanks, have a similiar report from someone else, will try to reproduce and figure out why this happens

/Per

Nov 18, 2011 @ 08:05
    dominik

Thanks Per,

This is great because otherwise i am still not able to use Courier to transfer my content from staging to production environment

Nov 18, 2011 @ 09:23
    Per Ploug

Okey, found the issue, and found a fix for it as well, problem is that Embedded Content tries to make calls to HttpContext in it's default constructor and then tries to execute some logic for creating a file and so on. - which is bad bad, naughty bad (to quote alex norcliffe)

Anyways, as Courier does not have a HttpContext running in it's worker threads, this fails, so I've had to do a minor minor change to make this work, so a new seperate dll for this fix is provided today, and is ofcourse merged into the first maintance release (2.5.1) which is next week

Nov 18, 2011 @ 09:29
    dominik

Great to hear,

Can you inform me if the dll fix is available?

THanks

Nov 18, 2011 @ 12:11
    Per Ploug

Okey, have a dll patch ready, it's 2 dlls, located in this zip file: 

http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoCourier/2.5%20Patch.zip

• Jonny Irwin 91 posts 153 karma points
    Nov 18, 2011 @ 12:56
    Jonny Irwin

Thanks Per!

I've tried this out and I am now able to package up all the datatypes - however I'm still getting an issue as it now seems to be struggling with the Property Data for the Embedded Content datatype.  I created a package with Datatypes and documents (including dependencies) and get the following:

Umbraco.Courier.Core.Exceptions.PackageException: Unable to load item with id '96772bfa-793f-42a3-ad26-3a0fe840fa6f' from provider 'PropertyData' ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers.DataResolvers.EmbeddedContent.PackagingProperty(Item item, ContentProperty propertyData) at Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers.PropertyDataResolverProvider.Packaging(Item item) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ResolutionManager.[1](Item item, ItemEvent e) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemProvider.Package(ItemIdentifier id) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.Package(ItemIdentifier itemId) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.‡[1](ItemIdentifier itemId, ItemProvider provider, ItemType itemType) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.‡[1](ItemIdentifier itemId, ItemProvider provider, ItemType itemType) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.†[1]() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.Package() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.[1](IRevisionTask value) 18/11/2011 11:53:41

Nov 18, 2011 @ 13:03
    dominik

Hi Per

Now i get this error:

Nov 18, 2011 @ 14:40
    Per Ploug

Updated patch, included pdbs so we can debug those issues:

http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoCourier/2.5%20Patch.zip

Nov 18, 2011 @ 14:47
    dominik

so can you please describe what i have to do exactly to debug it?

Nov 18, 2011 @ 15:06
    Jonny Irwin

These seem to be the important lines to me:

18/11/2011 14:00:11: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.get_Current()

at TheFarm.Umbraco.EmbeddedContent.PrevalueEditor.InstantiateCustomScripts()

at TheFarm.Umbraco.EmbeddedContent.PrevalueEditor..ctor(BaseDataType datatype)

at TheFarm.Umbraco.EmbeddedContent.DataEditor.get_PrevalueEditor()

at Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4.NHibernate.Persisters.ContentPropertyDataItem.RetrieveItem[T](ItemIdentifier itemId) in C:\Users\per\Documents\Projects\umbraco PRO\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.NHibernate\Persisters\ContentPropertyData.cs:line 157

18/11/2011 14:00:11: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4.NHibernate.Persisters.ContentPropertyDataItem.RetrieveItem[T](ItemIdentifier itemId) in C:\Users\per\Documents\Projects\umbraco PRO\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.NHibernate\Persisters\ContentPropertyData.cs:line 157

18/11/2011 14:00:29: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

18/11/2011 14:00:29: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

18/11/2011 14:00:40: Umbraco.Courier.Core.Exceptions.PackageException: Unable to load item with id '91e47ad3-77bb-47fc-8091-79fcdf835989' from provider 'PropertyData' ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at Umbraco.Courier.uComponents.XpathLists.XpathCheckboxList.PackagingProperty(Item item, ContentProperty propertyData)

at Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers.PropertyDataResolverProvider.Packaging(Item item) in C:\Users\per\Documents\Projects\umbraco PRO\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers\PropertyDataResolverProvider.cs:line 66

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)

at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ResolutionManager.[1](Item item, ItemEvent e)

at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemProvider.Package(ItemIdentifier id)

at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.Package(ItemIdentifier itemId)

at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.‡[1](ItemIdentifier itemId, ItemProvider provider, ItemType itemType)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.‡[1](ItemIdentifier itemId, ItemProvider provider, ItemType itemType)

at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.†[1]()

at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.Package()

at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.[1](IRevisionTask value)

Nov 21, 2011 @ 07:54
    dominik

Hey Per,

Have you got any fix for this? I am still not able to use courier :-(

Thanks

Nov 21, 2011 @ 08:25
    Per Ploug

Hey Dominik

Your last error is not related to the embedded type, but something to do with the upload field on a page, updated the patch:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3498919/2.5%20Patch.zip

To debug, add <debugMode>true</debugMode> to the <settings> node in the /config/courier.config file and restart your site

The pdbs included in the 2.5 patch file shoule be placed in /bin, this will provide line numbers and additional information to error messages.

Nov 21, 2011 @ 08:29
    Per Ploug

Hi Jonny, did you get embedded content transfers working? 

There will still be errors added to the log, due to the way that the prevalue editor fails, but you should be able to se it in the list of collected

datatypes in your reviison (as well as the dll associated with the datatype)

/Per

Nov 21, 2011 @ 09:00
    dominik

Hi Per,

I was now able to transfer one item but if I now try to add a new site on my staging server i get this error:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.addControlNew(Property p, TabPage tp, String Caption) +93
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.CreateChildControls() +833
       System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +181
       umbraco.controls.ContentControl.OnInit(EventArgs e) +122
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +132
       System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +276
       umbraco.cms.presentation.editContent.OnInit(EventArgs e) +1004
       System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +132
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1969

Nov 21, 2011 @ 09:18
    dominik

if i am trying to edit an existing page i get this error now :-(

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       TheFarm.Umbraco.EmbeddedContent.EmbeddedContent.MergeValueWithXmlSchema() +2210
       TheFarm.Umbraco.EmbeddedContent.EmbeddedContent.LoadControlsAndData() +110
       TheFarm.Umbraco.EmbeddedContent.EmbeddedContent.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +56
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +74
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +146
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2207

Nov 21, 2011 @ 09:19
    Per Ploug

And the site you deployed to, was that a copy of your source site?or was it an empty site? 

you add a new site? So I'm gussing you are adding a new document of the type site, could you open that site document type up under the settings section as see if you are able to load that? 

My guess is that one of the datatypes on this document type is missing a assembly, a database table or some other dependency that wasn't picked up by courier

/Per

Nov 21, 2011 @ 09:29
    dominik

Hi Per,

What i have done is

I copied the new dlls into the bin folder and send one page via courier to my production server.

This has worked

Then i tried to open a existing page on "staging" server and i get this error.

The production server is a copy of the staging server but with an own Database.

I get this error only on some of my pages

Nov 21, 2011 @ 09:30
    dominik

I was also able to open the document type of this site in the Settings editor

Nov 21, 2011 @ 11:34
    Jonny Irwin

Hi Per,

I tried again this morning and the good news is that it no longer threw an exception on the Embedded Content Datatype when packaging, the bad news is that it has now thrown a very similar exception on a different datatype (uComponents XPathCheckboxList):

Umbraco.Courier.Core.Exceptions.PackageException: Unable to load item with id '91e47ad3-77bb-47fc-8091-79fcdf835989' from provider 'PropertyData' ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Umbraco.Courier.uComponents.XpathLists.XpathCheckboxList.PackagingProperty(Item item, ContentProperty propertyData) at Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers.PropertyDataResolverProvider.Packaging(Item item) in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers\PropertyDataResolverProvider.cs:line 66 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ResolutionManager.executeResolver(Item item, ItemEvent e) in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\ResolutionManager.cs:line 109 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ResolutionManager.PackagingItem(Item item) in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\ResolutionManager.cs:line 36 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemProvider.Package(ItemIdentifier id) in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\ProviderModel\Providers\ItemProvider\ItemProvider.cs:line 294 at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.Package(ItemIdentifier itemId) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.packageRevisionItem(ItemIdentifier itemId, ItemProvider provider, ItemType itemType) in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Packaging\RevisionPackaging.cs:line 164 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.packageRevisionItem(ItemIdentifier itemId, ItemProvider provider, ItemType itemType) in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Packaging\RevisionPackaging.cs:line 241 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.packageReadyItems() in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Packaging\RevisionPackaging.cs:line 132 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.Package() in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Packaging\RevisionPackaging.cs:line 101 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.PackagingTask.Run() in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Tasks\PackagingTask.cs:line 39 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.manageTask(IRevisionTask value) in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\TaskManager.cs:line 65 21/11/2011 10:15:48

Nov 21, 2011 @ 12:34
    Per Ploug

Updated with PDBs for ucomponents, could you also take a look at the content that is causing this issue, as far as I can tell fromt the code, is a null value on that property.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3498919/2.5%20Patch.zip

Nov 21, 2011 @ 16:35
    Jonny Irwin

Hi Per,

Did you make any code changes in that last package or was it just the pdb's?  For some reason it seems to all be packaging fine now (no content changes or anything else has been changed).  Just need to get a blank install setup to test the deployment of this package :)

Nov 22, 2011 @ 12:43
    Jonny Irwin

Though this packaged successfully, extracting has given the following:

Umbraco.Courier.Core.Exceptions.ExtractionManagerException: There was a problem with extracting database information for the item: Name:Document Example Contact Property Data | Id:91e47ad3-77bb-47fc-8091-79fcdf835989 | Provider:PropertyData. Stacktrace: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Umbraco.Courier.uComponents.XpathLists.XpathCheckboxList.ExtractingProperty(Item item, ContentProperty propertyData) in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.uComponents\XpathCheckboxList.cs:line 23 at Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers.PropertyDataResolverProvider.Extracting(Item item) in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers\PropertyDataResolverProvider.cs:line 47 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ResolutionManager.executeResolver(Item item, ItemEvent e) in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\ResolutionManager.cs:line 109 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ResolutionManager.ExtractingItem(Item item) in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\ResolutionManager.cs:line 26 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemProvider.Extract(Item item) in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\ProviderModel\Providers\ItemProvider\ItemProvider.cs:line 217 at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.ExtractItem(Item item, Boolean overwrite) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.extractItem(Item item, Boolean isDependency) in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Extraction\RevisionExtraction.cs:line 450 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.extractReadyRevisionBatch() in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Extraction\RevisionExtraction.cs:line 230 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.extractReadyRevisionBatch() in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Extraction\RevisionExtraction.cs:line 234 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.extractReadyRevisionBatch() in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Extraction\RevisionExtraction.cs:line 234 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.extractReadyRevisionBatch() in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Extraction\RevisionExtraction.cs:line 234 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.extractReadyRevisionBatch() in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Extraction\RevisionExtraction.cs:line 234 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.extractReadyRevisionBatch() in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Extraction\RevisionExtraction.cs:line 234 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.extractReadyRevisionBatch() in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Extraction\RevisionExtraction.cs:line 234 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.extractReadyRevisionBatch() in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Extraction\RevisionExtraction.cs:line 234 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.extractReadyRevisionBatch() in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Extraction\RevisionExtraction.cs:line 234 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.extractReadyRevisionBatch() in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Extraction\RevisionExtraction.cs:line 234 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.Extract() in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Extraction\RevisionExtraction.cs:line 114 ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at Umbraco.Courier.uComponents.XpathLists.XpathCheckboxList.ExtractingProperty(Item item, ContentProperty propertyData) in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.uComponents\XpathCheckboxList.cs:line 23 at Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers.PropertyDataResolverProvider.Extracting(Item item) in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers\PropertyDataResolverProvider.cs:line 47 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks) at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke(Object obj, Object[] parameters) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ResolutionManager.executeResolver(Item item, ItemEvent e) in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\ResolutionManager.cs:line 109 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ResolutionManager.ExtractingItem(Item item) in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\ResolutionManager.cs:line 26 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemProvider.Extract(Item item) in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\ProviderModel\Providers\ItemProvider\ItemProvider.cs:line 217 at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.ExtractItem(Item item, Boolean overwrite) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.extractItem(Item item, Boolean isDependency) in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Extraction\RevisionExtraction.cs:line 450 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.extractReadyRevisionBatch() in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Extraction\RevisionExtraction.cs:line 230 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.extractReadyRevisionBatch() in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Extraction\RevisionExtraction.cs:line 234 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.extractReadyRevisionBatch() in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Extraction\RevisionExtraction.cs:line 234 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.extractReadyRevisionBatch() in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Extraction\RevisionExtraction.cs:line 234 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.extractReadyRevisionBatch() in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Extraction\RevisionExtraction.cs:line 234 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.extractReadyRevisionBatch() in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Extraction\RevisionExtraction.cs:line 234 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.extractReadyRevisionBatch() in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Extraction\RevisionExtraction.cs:line 234 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.extractReadyRevisionBatch() in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Extraction\RevisionExtraction.cs:line 234 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.extractReadyRevisionBatch() in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Extraction\RevisionExtraction.cs:line 234 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.extractReadyRevisionBatch() in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Extraction\RevisionExtraction.cs:line 234 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.Extract() in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Extraction\RevisionExtraction.cs:line 114 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.Extract() in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\Extraction\RevisionExtraction.cs:line 164 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.ExtractionTask.Run() in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Tasks\ExtractionTask.cs:line 61 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.manageTask(IRevisionTask value) in C:\Users\Hartvig\Documents\Source Code\Courier 2\Umbraco.Courier.Core\Engines\TaskManager.cs:line 65 22/11/2011 11:40:21

Nov 29, 2011 @ 11:07
    Per Ploug

The 2.5.1 nightlies are up now, still only changes done are in regards to these cases with null values, and includes PDBs here:

http://nightly.umbraco.org/UmbracoCourier/2.5.1/nightly%20builds/

Nov 29, 2011 @ 13:07
    Jonny Irwin

Thanks Per!

I tried the latest nightly.  On packaging it said that it was successful.  On a blank installation I tried to deploy my newly created package...and again, it said that it was successful.

Looking in the content tree, everything looked fine until I clicked on nodes and got an object reference not found exception.  I compared the filesystem between the source site and the destination site and found that very few of the physical files had been deployed (even though I had packaged everything with their dependencies).  Only 5 of my templates had deployed - though I have 37 in total.  None of my 52 razor scripts had deployed, only some of my CSS had etc.

As a test I manually copied in the missing files to see if the database bits were working (so I could check the uComponents XPath CheckBoxList and MNTP).  With the files copied in everythnig seemed to work ok - apart from the uComponents MNTP not being able to find a NodeID which stored a NodeID from the source site (even though the node was stored as an XPath expression in the prevalue editor rather than a node id).

Dec 12, 2011 @ 14:55
    Jonny Irwin

I haven't had a chance to try this for a while due to my current workload, but today I took a copy of my current site and tried to deploy to a completely blank installation (both 4.7.0) using the latest nightly build (Courier_2.5.1_2.5.1.76).  This largely seemed to work - though I haven't completed thorough testing yet.

The only issue was that I had to republish any nodes that had information stored using the Embedded Content datatype (otherwise my razor scripts errored on the website) & then it picked it up fine.

Dec 12, 2011 @ 17:28
    Jonny Irwin

So I spoke too soon...

The deployment worked fine to a blank website, but I tried to apply a new revision (which was identical to the 1st revision apart from i added a couple of values in a uComponents MNTP property to check the deploment of this).  This deployment completed, saying it was successful.  Looking through the site, any pages in the admin site that had the Embedded Content Datatype on them threw an "Object Reference not found" exception, and the Multi Node Tree Picker on other nodes had the wrong values selected - several with a "No Node Exists" error in the selected items.

I then tried to deploy my original revision, and the Courier task manager gave me the following:

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.ClearCacheItem(String Key) at umbraco.cms.businesslogic.cache.Cache.ClearCacheByKeySearch(String KeyStartsWith) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.EventManager.ExecuteLocalEvent(String eventAlias, ItemIdentifier itemId, Dictionary`2 Parameters) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.EventManager.ExecuteLocalQueue(String sessionKey, String queueAlias) at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.CompleteDatabaseTransaction() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.Extract() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.ExtractionTask.Run() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.[1](IRevisionTask value) 12/12/2011 16:13:29

Dec 12, 2011 @ 17:37
    Jonny Irwin

I forgot to mention that my server sat at 100% CPU usage the entire time that I was packaging my revision & again when it was being extracted.

Dec 13, 2011 @ 11:15
    Per Ploug

Hi Johnny

That last exception is from umbraco itself I'm afraid, it seems the cache in some cases throws an exception like that, we're looking into why it does that. 

Would it be possible to get a copy of the packaged revision, that is simply the easiest way to capture these issues

my email: per at umbraco com

/Per

Dec 13, 2011 @ 12:19
    Jonny Irwin

Hi Per.  I'll have to ask the powers that be if it ok for me to send it to you.  I do understand that this would be the best way for you to look into this, I may just not be allowed to do it.

Thanks!

• Jesper Hauge 298 posts 487 karma points c-trib
    Dec 22, 2011 @ 11:24
    Jesper Hauge

Hi Per and Johnny,

I'm experiencing the NullReferenceException in ClearCacheItem error Johnny mentioned right now. But only the first time I install the revision. If I install again there's no exception.

Would you be interested in a copy of the revision Per?

Regards
    Jesper Hauge 

Dec 22, 2011 @ 11:36
    Per Ploug

yup would love to have a copy, have you tried it with the latest 2.5.1 ? 

• Oluwole Kolawole 32 posts 53 karma points
    Feb 04, 2012 @ 19:38
    Oluwole Kolawole

Hi Per, or anyone else that can help,

I've installed Courier 2.5.4.1 on an Umbraco 4.7.1 installation. However, when I try to deploy my site by right-clicking on my root content node I get the following error:

error:Umbraco.Courier.Core.Exceptions.PackageException: Unable to load 
    item with id 'b0e477c3-4ea2-450d-8f29-742a511508cb' from provider 
    'PropertyData' ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: 
    Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> 
    System.InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
       at NHibernate.Impl.AbstractQueryImpl.UniqueResult[T]()
       at 
    Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4.NHibernate.NHibernateProvider.GetUniqueId(Int32
     nodeId, Guid nodeObjectType) in c:\Program Files 
    (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\d94035a1177dda67\Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.NHibernate\NHibernate.cs:line
       at Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers.MediaPicker.Packaging(Item item) in 
    c:\Program Files 
    (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\d94035a1177dda67\Umbraco.Courier.DataResolvers\DataResolvers\MediaPicker.cs:line
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo 
    method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, 
    MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo 
    method, Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, 
    MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, 
    BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo
     culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, 
    BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo
     culture)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ResolutionManager.(Item item, ItemEvent e, 
    ItemProvider provider)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ResolutionManager.PackagingItem(Item item, 
    ItemProvider provider)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemProvider.Package(ItemIdentifier id)
       at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.Package(ItemIdentifier 
    itemId) in c:\Program Files 
    (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\d94035a1177dda67\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\Local\Local.cs:line
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.‡(ItemIdentifier
     itemId, ItemProvider provider, QueuedItemIdentifier itemInQueue)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.‡(ItemIdentifier
     itemId, ItemProvider provider, QueuedItemIdentifier itemInQueue)
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.†()
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Packaging.RevisionPackaging.Package()
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.PackagingTask.Run()
       at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.(IRevisionTask value)
     04/02/2012 18:34:59

A search in the umbraconode table gives the following data:

'1061', '0', '1060', '0', '2', '-1,1060,1061', '0', 'b0e477c3-4ea2-450d-8f29-742a511508cb', 'Home', 'c66ba18e-eaf3-4cff-8a22-41b16d66a972', '2012-01-06 17:32:47'

This refers to my 'Home' node which I have re-published many times but the error remains.

Please help.

Wole.

Feb 06, 2012 @ 14:16
    Per Ploug

Hi Wole

You will have to dig a but deeper to spot why this is happening 

Try searching the cmsPropertyData table with the ID 1061 to see what IDs are stored in your property data

My guess is that its a reference to a media Id that no longer exists, or maybe a changed datatype, so it stores a previous value that courier cannot convert to a media item

/Per

• Sébastien Richer 194 posts 430 karma points
    Apr 13, 2012 @ 23:34
    Sébastien Richer

Hello,

I'm having similar problems mentionned in the posts here. I'm thinking I should avoid using courrier for the moment maybe? These issues are still unresolved?

EDIT: My Courrier installed version was not up to date. It seams that the latest version of Courrier has these issues resolved. I'm still going through my "courriered update" and everything seams to be in place and no errors were reported in the process. Thanks Per!

• Sébastien Richer 194 posts 430 karma points
    May 03, 2012 @ 22:23
    Sébastien Richer

I've encountered a new quirk. I had this Ultimate Picker Data Type, the parent node id field was left empty. Killed the courier package process. Setting a node id to the data type fixed the problem.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft