Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• daveb.84 21 posts 46 karma points
    Nov 18, 2011 @ 12:32
    daveb.84

Transfering Contour Forms that use custom Prevalue Sources

I'm using the Contour Courier Provider (http://contourprovcourier.codeplex.com/) to transfer forms between environments - it works fine for transfering forms, but it does not transfer corresponding Prevalue sources that the forms use.  Therefore, when I try and open the form on my target environment, I just get an exception.

I assume that Prevalue sources are just not supported using this provider, does any one else have any other solutions to ease transfering of forms with prevalue sources?

Forms are a fairly major requirement for the project I am working on, as is the ability to transfer between a stage to live environment.  Therefore, if this is not possible using Courier/Contour, does anyone have any experience with other forms packages?

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Nov 21, 2011 @ 09:32
    Per Ploug

Will have a look at the provider, we cannot transfer custom prevalue sources, but if using the standard contour prevalue source, we should be able to transfer it, I have a couple of things to do in regard to getting 2.5.1 of courier out first though, but after that is finalized I will have a look

/per

• daveb.84 21 posts 46 karma points
    Nov 24, 2011 @ 10:12
    daveb.84

So I've just spent €499 on buying three of Umbraco's "Professional" packages that are all bundled together but they don't actually work together?

I understand that Umbraco is open source and with that, I expect to find quirks/bugs/missing features, but as soon as you put a price tag on something, the expectation is that it should be a bit more solid.  When you see a three in one package that supports deployment between environments and form building, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that you will be able to deploy the forms between environments.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft