Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel Lindstrom 454 posts 271 karma points
    Nov 22, 2011 @ 15:50
    Daniel Lindstrom

Javascript error on deployment courier 2.5

Hi

Started evaluating Courier 2.5 today. We have a local dev site that is ready for deployment and I really think it could be a great tool.

Background:

For trial I installed courier on two localhost sites: localhost and localhost:8090. It was installed from the package repository.

The localhost site is the dev site in need of deployment. Localhost:8090 is a umbraco installation for this courier trial only, it is empty but for a single test doctype I created during these trials.

Both of these sites have been upgraded to 4.7.1 from 4.5.2. The site (:8090) directly from 4.5.2, and the dev site via all updates as they were released.

Problem:

I cannot deploy anything. The transfer item dialog works as expected until the step were it is supposed to list the items and files about to be transferred. The tabs for items and files are empty. There is a javascript error:

Error: body_body_tv_revisionTabs_tabs is not defined
    Source: https://localhost:8090/umbraco/plugins/courier/dialogs/CommitItem.aspx?providerGuid=d8e6ad84-e73a-11df-9492-0800200c9a66&itemid=test
    Row: 286

I initially used https for the backend but using http does not change anything.

I get this error on both installations, trying to transfer in any direction.

I get this error no matter what I try to transfer; content, doctypes etc.

I get this error in both IE and Firefox.

Any ideas?

Nov 23, 2011 @ 05:10
    Daniel Lindstrom

OK, managed to solve it after investigating it with Firebug.

Changing row 414 in /umbraco/plugins/courier/dialogs/CommitItem.aspx

from

setActiveTab(tabViewContainerId, tabViewContainerId + '_tab01', body_body_tv_revisionTabs_tabs);     

to              

setActiveTab(tabViewContainerId, tabViewContainerId + '_tab01', tabViewContainerId + '_tabs');

and everything works just fine.

How come I am the only one affected? Is it something with my configuration? I installed courier yesterday, from the repository.

A bug like this could hardly slip through even the most rudimentary testing. After all, it made it impossible to transfer anything.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Nov 23, 2011 @ 09:29
    Per Ploug

Oh yes, I think there is some setting in regards to validation or control IDs in your web.config:

<pages enableEventValidation="false" clientIDMode="AutoID">

/Per

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Nov 23, 2011 @ 09:30
    Per Ploug

Will add your fix to the maintance release so it works no matter that setting

Nov 23, 2011 @ 12:31
    Daniel Lindstrom

Thanks for a super fast answer! I have bought a license now. :)

I wasn't aware of the clientIDMode setting. Will see if I can change it to static without any problems arising.

May 30, 2012 @ 10:47
    Daniel Lindstrom

If you are affected by this bug then you are probably also affected by this bug, with a similar solution:

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/28171-Transfer-Items-tab-empty?p=0

I do not know if this applies to the latest version of Courier as I have not upgraded.

• Scott 69 posts 146 karma points
    Aug 10, 2012 @ 15:04
    Scott

I'm having some of these same problems but I cant seem to get these fixes to work for me. In my 'Transfer Item" window I might get "Your deployment to: [my repository]" multiple times. Last time I did it it was 5 times. Then I get nothing in the items tab, but switching over to files I see a nice long list, which of course is replicated 5 times it would seem...to match the number of times I see "Your deployment to"... etc. So, I just suck it up and press continue and I see the In Progress Task with the animated clock...but then my whole Transfer Item box goes empty. Who knows if anything transferred or not. I'm configured right now with NOT having modified the javascript, but I DID put in the clientIDMode=AutoID per Per. But it didn't seem to matter what combination of those I did or didn't do the result was the same. I'll mention I have a 2.5 installtion of courier on another site that seems to be running fine. This time around, for this site, I believe we bought a 2.5 but without the API support.  The previous one I used the installer to install. For this install, whomever paid and then downloaded the package just got the manual install, so thats how I installed it.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft