Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Shawn Bowen 11 posts 72 karma points
    Dec 01, 2011 @ 21:26
    Shawn Bowen

Courier 2.5 Deploy to Web Farm

When I attempt to deploy content changes to production, everything appears to be working properly. I see a successful Packaging and Extraction step in the Recently Processed Tasks list, but I don't see the update on the production site. When I look at the database, I can see that that a cmsDocument record with the updated cmsPropertyData exists and is flagged as published so I'm assuming that the local cache on each node is not being updated. Is there some setting I need to select to ensure that the nodes in the web farm? Please advise.

The configuration:

Umbraco Courier 2.5

Umbraco 4.7.1

MSSQL 8

IIS 7

Windows Sever 2008

• Chris Keyes 6 posts 26 karma points
    Jan 04, 2012 @ 15:32
    Chris Keyes

Hi Shawn, have you made progress with this? I hope so as it is weeks ago.

I am working on a similar area, does your normal publishing work ok? From memory that works by calling the web service that by default lives at umbraco\webservices\CacheRefresher.asmx, the servers this is called on are defined in the UmbracoSettings.config file in the config folder.

<distributedCall enable="true">
                    <!-- the id of the user who's making the calls -->
                    <!-- needed for security, umbraco will automatically look up correct login and passwords -->
                    <user>0</user>
                    <servers>
                            <!-- add ip number or hostname, make sure that it can be reached from all servers -->
                            <!-- <server>127.0.0.1</server>-->
                        <server>server1.myserver.com</server>
                        <server>server1.myserver.com</server>
                    </servers>
            </distributedCall>

This bit of the setup is covered in the Load Balancing document here: http://our.umbraco.org/wiki/install-and-setup/installing-umbraco-for-load-balanced-environments

Not sure if that will be of any help or not to you?

Have you found any good documents RE using Courier in a load balanced environment?

Kind regards,

Chris.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft