Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• daveb.84 21 posts 46 karma points
    Dec 02, 2011 @ 18:14
    daveb.84

Configuring the keyValuePrevalueEditors section for a custom data type

Hi there,

I have a custom data type that has a custom PreValueEditor which saves a document ID as its prevalue. Now the document ID is different between environments - I have entered it as 1546 on my dev environment, but the corresponding document on the target environment is 1542.

I have configured the courier config file as follows with my Pre Value editor control:

Dec 02, 2011 @ 18:25
    daveb.84

Hi there,

I have a custom data type that has a custom PreValueEditor which saves a document ID as its prevalue. Now the document ID is different between environments - I have entered it as 1546 on my dev environment, but the corresponding document on the target environment is 1542.

I have configured the courier config file by adding to the keyValuePrevalueEditors section as follows:

<keyValuePrevalueEditors>

<!-- Prevalue editors that store values as a key value pair in the built-in umbracp prevalue storage, identified by their full class-name -->

<add key="KeyValuePrevalueEditor">umbraco.editorControls.KeyValuePrevalueEditor</add>

<add key="RelatedContentItemsPrevalueEditor">MyCompany.Cms.Domain.Editors.RelatedContentItemsPrevalueEditor</add>

</keyValuePrevalueEditors>

Does this look like the correct configuration because when I deploy the data type, the prevalue remains as 1546 when it should resolve to 1542?

The assembly of my control is in MyCompany.Cms.Domain, the assembly of my website is MyCompany.Cms. Do I need to include the assembly name some how?

Dec 05, 2011 @ 12:20
    daveb.84

Any thoughts on this?  Please help!

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft