Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chad Rosenthal 272 posts 474 karma points
    Dec 06, 2011 @ 21:09
    Chad Rosenthal

Copy data from a staging/live to localhost

Trying to get my local environment to match what is on staging. (aka, client has uploaded a ton of media and content).

Is this possilbe without a static IP address? Using Courier 2.5 and Umbraco 4.7.1

-C

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Dec 06, 2011 @ 22:00
    Dirk De Grave

Chad,

Ip's don't even matter. Just create a revision with all changes on the remote site (staging site) and pull that revision into your local install and install locally. Both environments must have Courier installed of course.!

Don't try to push a revision from your remote install to local install, that won't work (maybe if you're having a static ip, that I don't know...)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Dec 06, 2011 @ 22:22
    Chad Rosenthal

Sweet. Didn't realize that you could do a pull. It's so simple and easy...no wonder I missed it. :-)

Dec 06, 2011 @ 22:25
    Chad Rosenthal

Of course, I ran into an error when do the compare. D'oh!

Dec 06, 2011 @ 22:33
    Chad Rosenthal

Does this seem familiar at all. This is happening on the compare before the install can begin.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 

at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Pages.deployRevision.bindChanges(Object sender, RepeaterItemEventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnItemDataBound(RepeaterItemEventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.DataBind() 
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Pages.deployRevision.bindProvider(Object sender, RepeaterItemEventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnItemDataBound(RepeaterItemEventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) 

I just reset up the local site on a new computer. I think the permissions are correct. I was able to install courier and also republish locally and haven't run into errors.

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Dec 06, 2011 @ 22:36
    Dirk De Grave

Chad,

Afraid I won't be of any help at all re the .net error; haven't run into that I must admit. Maybe Mr Courier himself can jump into this and explain if there's a reason for this error.

Good luck anyway

Cheers,

/Dirk

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft