Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Aileen 59 posts 79 karma points
    Dec 08, 2011 @ 11:35
    Aileen

Courier 2.5 Content Picker Issue

Hi

I think I know the answer to this question already but I'm hoping someone will have a better solution on how to fix this. I have a content node "Home" which has a content picker setup as one of its properties. The content picker is pointing to the content node "Contact Us".

When I use courier to transfer the content to a new environment, the value of the content picker on the "Home" node is always blank. I understand that it's because the content node "Contact Us" that the content picker is pointing to may have a different id when it's created on the new environment.

However I'm wondering if there is anyway around this? The only solution I can think of is to use the API to update the value of the content picker for "Home" to the new content node "Contact Us", after it's been transferred using Courier.

Thanks,

Aileen

Dec 08, 2011 @ 11:39
    Aileen

This also applies to any pages which have a redirect or a transparent redirect. Also, the hostname is not transferred.

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Dec 08, 2011 @ 22:04
    Per Ploug

Hi Aileen

Out of the box, Courier should be able to convert those Node IDs into the corresponding ones on the destiation site

as long as it's a data type which is registered in the courier.config as a type which can contain node IDs

To determine, try packaging a page with the picker and see if courier includes the picked cotnent in the revision automaticly

Dec 09, 2011 @ 12:58
    Aileen

Hi Per

Thanks for the quick reply. I've created a website node and then a homepage node as a child of website and then used the content picker to do a transparent redirect to homepage. If I'm adding the website and the homepage in the same courier package "content", does it mean that the website node will not know what to set the redirect to as the homepage node only gets added after the website node?

I've created another package "content picker settings" which transfers only the webite node and this gets run after the package "content" runs which adds both nodes. This seems to update the website node correctly with the transparent redirect to the homepage.

Thanks

Aileen

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Dec 09, 2011 @ 12:59
    Per Ploug

Hi Aileen

It should handle it, the content pickers are processed after courier has added all content

Dec 09, 2011 @ 13:00
    Aileen

Ok - thanks. I'll keep trying to get it to run correctly...

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft