Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jordi 25 posts 47 karma points
    Jan 08, 2012 @ 17:02
    Jordi

Lost media types when transfering media. Not able to create items any more.

I bought a license in Courier 2.5.1 Today. Then I downloaded the package 2.5.1, and installed it in LOCALHOST and PRODUCTIONDOMAIN.

Then I use it to transfer Media folders from LOCALHOST to PRODUCTIONDOMAIN. But....

The items are transfered ok, but ALL the FOLDERS in MEDIA lose their media types. I mean that when I right button any of the folders in PRODUCTIONDOMAIN the Media Type Combo is blank: No FOLDER, IMAGE or FILE to select. So I can not add any more items in Production.

Is it a BUG or shall I customize anything?

I have deployed using the defaults (transfer all datatypes, media, media types and property data), and also only transfering media and property data. The result is the same.

Thanks

• Jordi 25 posts 47 karma points
    Jan 08, 2012 @ 17:39
    Jordi

I forgot to say that that I am using  Umbraco 4.7

• Atoosa Khoda 96 posts 148 karma points
    Apr 10, 2012 @ 02:11
    Atoosa Khoda

Hi Jordi. Did you get any response on this? I have the exact same issue. Thanks.

• Scott McElroy 11 posts 32 karma points
    Apr 10, 2012 @ 15:37
    Scott McElroy

I have this issue in 2.6.6 as well. As a short term fix (which you probably already know):

1. Go into the Settings section in umbraco
    2. Select 'Folder'
    3. Select the media types you want in your drop down in the Structure tab.
    This isn't a permament fix, but it should at least get you going.
  • Atoosa Khoda 96 posts 148 karma points
    Apr 11, 2012 @ 00:59
    Atoosa Khoda

That did the trick. thanks very much. but why is that? i don't need such settings on my dev server. Looks like courier stuffs us something since this is only the case after deployment. on the other hand, i am able to create new media items on the root level, like as by double clicking on the Media folder itself. but anything below, any subfolders wont have the option to select media type. Thanks for this quick fix,  i'd be interested to be looking at the root cause, if anyone has an idea?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft