Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• daveb.84 21 posts 46 karma points
    Jan 09, 2012 @ 16:37
    daveb.84

2.5.1 Packaging your items hangs

Hi there,

I've just upgraded my courier from version 2.1.1 to 2.5.1, running umbraco 4.7.1 and am experiencing difficulties.

I'm trying to do a right-click deploy on a single page, but when I get to the "Packaging your items..." page, I just get the grey box saying "Please wait..." but nothing more happens.

Looking on the file system, I can see that a folder in the App_Data/courier/revisions gets created with the following content

/resources

/revision

/settings

/manifest.xml

The first two folders have content in them, but settings doesn't have any content.  Could this be a sign that the process has crashed whilst creating the other folders?  Can anyone tell me what I should expect to see in the other folders?  

Annoyingly, there's no error appearing, and no exception being thrown that I can see.  

Is there a log file anywhere where I can see what's going on?  Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be?

Any help or thoughts much appreciated!

• Milan Turner 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jan 09, 2012 @ 18:23
    Milan Turner

I'm having the same issue. 

• daveb.84 21 posts 46 karma points
    Jan 12, 2012 @ 09:52
    daveb.84

It turns out this is a bug in the nightly builds - I used these to do a manual install.

From the advice I've receive off the support ticket I raised, I've uninstalled the package and re-installed from the package respository. 

It works ok now - hope that helps anyone with a similar problem!

• Milan Turner 5 posts 25 karma points
    Jan 12, 2012 @ 16:07
    Milan Turner

What version shows after you install it from the package respository? 

• Chris Mahoney 235 posts 447 karma points
    Jan 15, 2012 @ 21:45
    Chris Mahoney

Repository has 2.5.1 for me.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft