Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nic Wise 51 posts 85 karma points
    Jan 16, 2012 @ 14:01
    Nic Wise

Courier issue moving nodes

Hi.

I've had to move my content between servers manually, as the target server is behind the firewall. This normally works ok.

I'm moving 4 nodes, each which has about 30-40 child nodes (around 200 in total). This is coming out of a site with around 10k nodes.

Packaging up took a while (10-15 mins), and I ended up with a 3meg package (directory in revisions). Moved that over, and I can see it on the dev server. Doing a compare-and-install takes a while (30-60 seconds to... hanging...)

Thats not the problem tho. If I install it, I get this error (tried in Chrome and Firefox)

The URL-encoded form data is not valid.

Error details

System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): The URL-encoded form data is not valid. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object. 
    at System.Web.HttpValueCollection.FillFromEncodedBytes(Byte[] bytes, Encoding encoding) 
    at System.Web.HttpRequest.FillInFormCollection() 
    at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form() 
    at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_HasForm() 
    at System.Web.UI.Page.GetCollectionBasedOnMethod(Boolean dontReturnNull) 
    at System.Web.UI.Page.DeterminePostBackMode() 
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.

System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object. 
    at System.Web.HttpValueCollection.FillFromEncodedBytes(Byte[] bytes, Encoding encoding) 

It's possible this is a licensing issue, and we have a ticket in ZenDesk to get the URL's changed on our courier license. But if it is, it'd be nice if it said that.

The server log says this:

<crickets>

Yup, nothign on the server end at all.

I just upgraded to 2.5.1, and I get the same result. Using 4.7.1 Umbraco.

Anyone got any ideas?

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jan 16, 2012 @ 14:10
    Per Ploug

Hmm that is odd, never seen that error before or had any reports on it either, for the license upgrade, could you write me the domains you need to swap, and I'll do it rigth away so we can that off the list of potential error sources.

2,5,3 is up on nightly.umbraco.org with a bunch of performance updates to the packaging btw.

/Per

Jan 16, 2012 @ 14:15
    Nic Wise

Tim has sorted the key out, I just need to find the person who got it emailed to them, and get it off them!

I'll grab 2.5.3 and see if that fixes it. Would 4.7.1.1 help too?

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jan 16, 2012 @ 14:18
    Per Ploug

4.7.1.1 shouldn't make any difference in regard to courier atleast (Courier bypasses most Api's and datalayer)

Jan 16, 2012 @ 14:30
    Nic Wise

OK, 2.5.3 is a LOAD quicker. But it still fails.

HOWEVER: with a few seconds with the chrome debug tools, I find this:

http://dev.japan.local/umbraco/plugins/courier/pages/deployRevision.aspx?revision=artists%20for%20dan&statusId=undefined

which 302's to:

http://dev.japan.local/umbraco/plugins/courier/pages/LicenseError.aspx?referer=%2fumbraco%2fplugins%2fcourier%2fpages%2fdeployRevision.aspx%3frevision%3dartists%2520for%2520dan%26statusId%3dundefined

But it's not reported as such. (btw, even tho this is a .local, it's on a remote server)

Now, to track that license key down.

Jan 16, 2012 @ 15:49
    Nic Wise

OK, I got the new license via Tim, but still no joy. I still get redirected to the license error page. Any way I can check this? or do I need to use the same license on the client and server?

Jan 16, 2012 @ 17:02
    Nic Wise

AND.... now I get this one (tho I was getting that before) when trying to get a list of documents to select (we have quite a few). I suspect it's just taking toooooooooooooo long to return. (or not, this comes back in < 1 second in sql enterprise manager....)

could not execute query [ SELECT this_.id as id32_1_, this_.createDate as createDate32_1_, this_.level as level32_1_, this_.nodeObjectType as nodeObje4_32_1_, this_.path as path32_1_, this_.sortOrder as sortOrder32_1_, this_.text as text32_1_, this_.trashed as trashed32_1_, this_.uniqueID as uniqueID32_1_, this_.nodeUser as nodeUser32_1_, this_.parentID as parentID32_1_, umbracouse2_.id as id38_0_, umbracouse2_.defaultToLiveEditing as defaultT2_38_0_, umbracouse2_.startMediaID as startMed3_38_0_, umbracouse2_.startStructureID as startStr4_38_0_, umbracouse2_.userDefaultPermissions as userDefa5_38_0_, umbracouse2_.userDisabled as userDisa6_38_0_, umbracouse2_.userEmail as userEmail38_0_, umbracouse2_.userLanguage as userLang8_38_0_, umbracouse2_.userLogin as userLogin38_0_, umbracouse2_.userName as userName38_0_, umbracouse2_.userNoConsole as userNoC11_38_0_, umbracouse2_.userPassword as userPas12_38_0_ FROM umbracoNode this_ left outer join umbracoUser umbracouse2_ on this_.nodeUser=umbracouse2_.id WHERE this_.uniqueID = @p0 ] Positional parameters: #0>08235ff6-0796-4f29-a4c8-6af90ada3e43 [SQL: SELECT this_.id as id32_1_, this_.createDate as createDate32_1_, this_.level as level32_1_, this_.nodeObjectType as nodeObje4_32_1_, this_.path as path32_1_, this_.sortOrder as sortOrder32_1_, this_.text as text32_1_, this_.trashed as trashed32_1_, this_.uniqueID as uniqueID32_1_, this_.nodeUser as nodeUser32_1_, this_.parentID as parentID32_1_, umbracouse2_.id as id38_0_, umbracouse2_.defaultToLiveEditing as defaultT2_38_0_, umbracouse2_.startMediaID as startMed3_38_0_, umbracouse2_.startStructureID as startStr4_38_0_, umbracouse2_.userDefaultPermissions as userDefa5_38_0_, umbracouse2_.userDisabled as userDisa6_38_0_, umbracouse2_.userEmail as userEmail38_0_, umbracouse2_.userLanguage as userLang8_38_0_, umbracouse2_.userLogin as userLogin38_0_, umbracouse2_.userName as userName38_0_, umbracouse2_.userNoConsole as userNoC11_38_0_, umbracouse2_.userPassword as userPas12_38_0_ FROM umbracoNode this_ left outer join umbracoUser umbracouse2_ on this_.nodeUser=umbracouse2_.id WHERE this_.uniqueID = @p0]

Error details

NHibernate.Exceptions.GenericADOException: could not execute query 
    [ SELECT this_.id as id32_1_, this_.createDate as createDate32_1_, this_.level as level32_1_, this_.nodeObjectType as nodeObje4_32_1_, this_.path as path32_1_, this_.sortOrder as sortOrder32_1_, this_.text as text32_1_, this_.trashed as trashed32_1_, this_.uniqueID as uniqueID32_1_, this_.nodeUser as nodeUser32_1_, this_.parentID as parentID32_1_, umbracouse2_.id as id38_0_, umbracouse2_.defaultToLiveEditing as defaultT2_38_0_, umbracouse2_.startMediaID as startMed3_38_0_, umbracouse2_.startStructureID as startStr4_38_0_, umbracouse2_.userDefaultPermissions as userDefa5_38_0_, umbracouse2_.userDisabled as userDisa6_38_0_, umbracouse2_.userEmail as userEmail38_0_, umbracouse2_.userLanguage as userLang8_38_0_, umbracouse2_.userLogin as userLogin38_0_, umbracouse2_.userName as userName38_0_, umbracouse2_.userNoConsole as userNoC11_38_0_, umbracouse2_.userPassword as userPas12_38_0_ FROM umbracoNode this_ left outer join umbracoUser umbracouse2_ on this_.nodeUser=umbracouse2_.id WHERE this_.uniqueID = @p0 ] 
    Positional parameters: #0>08235ff6-0796-4f29-a4c8-6af90ada3e43 
    [SQL: SELECT this_.id as id32_1_, this_.createDate as createDate32_1_, this_.level as level32_1_, this_.nodeObjectType as nodeObje4_32_1_, this_.path as path32_1_, this_.sortOrder as sortOrder32_1_, this_.text as text32_1_, this_.trashed as trashed32_1_, this_.uniqueID as uniqueID32_1_, this_.nodeUser as nodeUser32_1_, this_.parentID as parentID32_1_, umbracouse2_.id as id38_0_, umbracouse2_.defaultToLiveEditing as defaultT2_38_0_, umbracouse2_.startMediaID as startMed3_38_0_, umbracouse2_.startStructureID as startStr4_38_0_, umbracouse2_.userDefaultPermissions as userDefa5_38_0_, umbracouse2_.userDisabled as userDisa6_38_0_, umbracouse2_.userEmail as userEmail38_0_, umbracouse2_.userLanguage as userLang8_38_0_, umbracouse2_.userLogin as userLogin38_0_, umbracouse2_.userName as userName38_0_, umbracouse2_.userNoConsole as userNoC11_38_0_, umbracouse2_.userPassword as userPas12_38_0_ FROM umbracoNode this_ left outer join umbracoUser umbracouse2_ on this_.nodeUser=umbracouse2_.id WHERE this_.uniqueID = @p0] ---> System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted. 
    at SNIReadSync(SNI_Conn* , SNI_Packet** , Int32 ) 
    at SNINativeMethodWrapper.SNIReadSync(SafeHandle pConn, IntPtr& packet, Int32 timeout) 
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadSni(DbAsyncResult asyncResult, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) 
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadNetworkPacket()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadBuffer()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadByte()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) 
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) 
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) 
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) 
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) 
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) 
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) 
    at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader()
    at NHibernate.AdoNet.AbstractBatcher.ExecuteReader(IDbCommand cmd) 
    at NHibernate.Loader.Loader.GetResultSet(IDbCommand st, Boolean autoDiscoverTypes, Boolean callable, RowSelection selection, ISessionImplementor session) 
    at NHibernate.Loader.Loader.DoQuery(ISessionImplementor session, QueryParameters queryParameters, Boolean returnProxies) 
    at NHibernate.Loader.Loader.DoQueryAndInitializeNonLazyCollections(ISessionImplementor session, QueryParameters queryParameters, Boolean returnProxies) 
    at NHibernate.Loader.Loader.DoList(ISessionImplementor session, QueryParameters queryParameters) 
    --- End of inner exception stack trace --- 
    at NHibernate.Loader.Loader.DoList(ISessionImplementor session, QueryParameters queryParameters) 
    at NHibernate.Loader.Loader.ListIgnoreQueryCache(ISessionImplementor session, QueryParameters queryParameters) 
    at NHibernate.Loader.Loader.List(ISessionImplementor session, QueryParameters queryParameters, ISet`1 querySpaces, IType[] resultTypes) 
    at NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.List(CriteriaImpl criteria, IList results) 
    at NHibernate.Impl.CriteriaImpl.List(IList results) 
    at NHibernate.Impl.CriteriaImpl.List[T]() 
    at Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4.NHibernate.Helpers.CmsNodeHelper.GetNode(Guid uniqueId, ISession session) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\3484142eca7e14a2\Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.NHibernate\Helpers\CmsNodeHelper.cs:line 69 
    at Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4.NHibernate.Helpers.CmsNodeHelper.GetNodeChildren(Guid uniqueId, Guid nodeObjectType, ISession session) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\3484142eca7e14a2\Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.NHibernate\Helpers\CmsNodeHelper.cs:line 112 
    at Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.V4.NHibernate.Persisters.DocumentItem.AvailableItems[T](ItemIdentifier itemId) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\3484142eca7e14a2\Umbraco.Courier.Persistence.NHibernate\Persisters\Document.cs:line 21 
    at Umbraco.Courier.Core.ItemCrudProvider.AvailableItems[T](ItemIdentifier itemId) 
    at Umbraco.Courier.ItemProviders.DocumentItemProvider.AvailableSystemItems(ItemIdentifier itemId) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\3484142eca7e14a2\Umbraco.Courier.Providers\ItemProviders\ContentItemProvider.cs:line 41 
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Usercontrols.SystemItemSelector.RenderItemChildren(Object sender, RepeaterItemEventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnItemDataBound(RepeaterItemEventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.DataBind()
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Usercontrols.SystemItemSelector.BindItems()
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Usercontrols.SystemItemSelector.RenderItemChildren(Object sender, RepeaterItemEventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnItemDataBound(RepeaterItemEventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.DataBind()
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Usercontrols.SystemItemSelector.BindItems()
    at Umbraco.Courier.UI.Usercontrols.SystemItemSelector.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) 
    at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() 
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Thread was being aborted.

System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted. 
    at SNIReadSync(SNI_Conn* , SNI_Packet** , Int32 ) 
    at SNINativeMethodWrapper.SNIReadSync(SafeHandle pConn, IntPtr& packet, Int32 timeout) 
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadSni(DbAsyncResult asyncResult, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) 
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadNetworkPacket()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadBuffer()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ReadByte()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) 
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) 
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) 
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) 
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) 
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) 
    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) 
    at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader()
    at NHibernate.AdoNet.AbstractBatcher.ExecuteReader(IDbCommand cmd) 
    at NHibernate.Loader.Loader.GetResultSet(IDbCommand st, Boolean autoDiscoverTypes, Boolean callable, RowSelection selection, ISessionImplementor session) 
    at NHibernate.Loader.Loader.DoQuery(ISessionImplementor session, QueryParameters queryParameters, Boolean returnProxies) 
    at NHibernate.Loader.Loader.DoQueryAndInitializeNonLazyCollections(ISessionImplementor session, QueryParameters queryParameters, Boolean returnProxies) 
    at NHibernate.Loader.Loader.DoList(ISessionImplementor session, QueryParameters 
    Jan 16, 2012 @ 18:11
    Nic Wise

Righto. Aisde from a few transient problems, this is now working (eg, if I compare and install, it hangs. Try again, and it works....)

Thanks, as usual, Per. Much appreciated. 2.5.3 is a LOT LOT quicker.

• Claus Jensen 49 posts 157 karma points hq
    Jan 18, 2012 @ 15:09
    Claus Jensen

Hey Per and Nic

I encountered the URL-encoded form data issue too, but only when transferring rather large datasets (500+ documents with lots of dependencies). It seems it's related to a submission of a form with too many elements. I solved the problem by upping the max number of keys in Web.config:

<appSettings>
    <add key="aspnet:MaxHttpCollectionKeys" value="20000" />
    </appSettings>

Great work on 2.5.3 - it seems a lot faster!

Jan 18, 2012 @ 15:53
    Nic Wise

Thanks Claus

Thats quite possibly a problem for me too - I have a huge number of items in this.

Feb 02, 2012 @ 16:08
    Nic Wise

Claus, that was the exact right thing - fixed it immediatly.

yay - 900 nodes moves from A to B.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft