Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jasper Steenweg 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 18, 2012 @ 17:02
    Jasper Steenweg

Courier on Umbraco v4.6.1 messed up my content-types

Hi,

I have bought the Courier 2 Pro v2.5.1 package and did a manual install on Umbraco v.4.6.1. Whenever i try to transfer documents (from within the content tree) to another Umbraco instance i get an error that says:

System.IO.IOException: The directory is not empty. at System.IO.Directory.DeleteHelper(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive) at System.IO.Directory.Delete(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean recursive) at Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders.Local.Clear(String revisionAlias) in c:\Program Files (x86)\teamcity\buildAgent\work\7302128a06ae6604\Umbraco.Courier.RepositoryProviders\Local\Local.cs:line 122 at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Extraction.RevisionExtraction.Dispose() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.Tasks.ExtractionTask.Run() at Umbraco.Courier.Core.TaskManager.(IRevisionTask value) 18-1-2012 16:54:43

Besides getting this error it also messed up the content types on the receiving umbraco instance. Besides getting this error i'm also a bit scared on using this functionality on the production server. How am i gonna solve this?

Help! :-)

• Jasper Steenweg 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 20, 2012 @ 08:51
    Jasper Steenweg

Anyone?

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Jan 20, 2012 @ 13:42
    Per Ploug

The error is either because a user is viewing the directory containing the revision files, or because one of those files are locked so it cannot delete the folder. I usually only see if I have explorer open in the folder containing the revision files I'm deploying

What do you mean by messed-up content types?  did they stop working? get an error msg (please post) 

• daveb.84 21 posts 46 karma points
    Feb 02, 2012 @ 13:53
    daveb.84

I have courier 2.5.3 installed on Umbraco v 4.7.1.  I'm also experiencing document types not deploying correctly.  I am doign the following:

1. Delete a property from my document type on the source environment
    2. Create a package containing just the document type
    3. Transfered it to the target environment
    4. Logged onto the target environment and installed the package (completes with no errors)
    5. Checked a document created with the document type - the property is still there when it shouldn't be

Is this a bug? Or am I doing something wrong?

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Feb 02, 2012 @ 15:07
    Per Ploug

Hi Dave

Courier doesn't support deleting items, it can simply cause too much damage if you are able to deploy a property deletion, so its more a feature then a bug

/Per 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft